Feedback Please - My First Tarot Deck

Riverdancer

Sidhe-Ra said:
I think that's a lovers card- the light and shadow women, the one man making the choice...says Lovers to me! Very lovely, too, by the way!

Blessings,

Em x

Thank you for stopping by, Em. :) I was thinking Lovers as I was creating it, willing it to create itself into being, if you see what I mean.

You don't know how helpful your feedback, and that of those who are keeping an eye on this thread, is to me.

cloud9

Definitely has the feel of a lovers card for me rather than two of cups.

As to the Empress options, it has to be a vote for number one. I see number two very clearly as a wistful and dreamy Queen of Cups. Not sure about number three although in some ways it has a bit of a High Priestess feel for me.

You absolutely should carry on with this, I think it looks like it could be fabulous.

Riverdancer

cloud9 said:
Definitely has the feel of a lovers card for me rather than two of cups.

As to the Empress options, it has to be a vote for number one. I see number two very clearly as a wistful and dreamy Queen of Cups. Not sure about number three although in some ways it has a bit of a High Priestess feel for me.

You absolutely should carry on with this, I think it looks like it could be fabulous.

Thank you, cloud9, for your encouragement. Votes are piling up for the first Empress, :) with the second as the Queen of Cups, as you say.

Hmm... Your comment about the last "Empress" is interesting. Some see her as a possible Q of Swords, although I don't find her forbidding enough for that.

I posted the "Death" card over here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76296

if you would like to see that one, too. :)

Star-Willow

Riverdancer said:
Here is the Lovers or the Two of Cups card:

loverswithwatermarkxv9.jpg

I'm trying to convey a few things through these images. Curious to see what you think: Lovers or Two of Cups :)

Riverdancer, this is beautiful, it's so in context with The Lovers and the imagery just makes it all the more LOVERly :)

I am about to change my vote for the Émpress, I did at first like the second one very much but can now see why others have likened her to the Queen Of Cups (perhaps this is why I was so drawn to her in the first place, as most days I see myself as the QoC :) ) Definately the first card for the Empress, Second card for the QoC, the Third card, I can also say would fit well with the four of swords.

Please keep going, it's quite inspiring to watch someone create something so beautiful, I too would go on the list for a deck once you've completed it:D

:love: & :lightbulb

*Star-Willow*

pandoras-box

Riverdancer said:
Thank you, Pandora's Box! I'm so glad you would consider acquiring a copy. I am so glad they appeal to you.

Should I go for uniformity? Or just create each of them, depending on what they evoke individually?

I personally think uniformity might work best ... well that is just what works best for me. However I feel it would maybe work very well if you go for uniformity but still create them with your own emotions and feelings. There is nothing wrong with cards in a deck being different as long as the feeling is still the same and the flow isn't broken, if you know what I mean?

After just seeing the other card you posted here, i am even more interested in seeing and hopefully being able buying the finished deck. Please do keep me posted. :)

Riverdancer

Star-Willow said:
Riverdancer, this is beautiful, it's so in context with The Lovers and the imagery just makes it all the more LOVERly :)

I am about to change my vote for the Émpress, I did at first like the second one very much but can now see why others have likened her to the Queen Of Cups (perhaps this is why I was so drawn to her in the first place, as most days I see myself as the QoC :) ) Definately the first card for the Empress, Second card for the QoC, the Third card, I can also say would fit well with the four of swords.

Please keep going, it's quite inspiring to watch someone create something so beautiful, I too would go on the list for a deck once you've completed it:D

*Star-Willow*

Thank you, Star-Willow, for your encouragement. :D I'm leaning more and more towards the first for Empress and the second for the QoC.

I'm so glad you liked my Lovers. I think, now that it has had a little more time to settle in my mind, it really is more for this archetype than the 2 of C. :)

I've been looking over the advice re. self publishing and it does seem very daunting. I won't give up, though, because the difficulties appear to hinge more on cost than anything else. That can somehow be found, with a lot of luck and a little time.

Thank you, again, for stopping by and for your advice.
:love:

Riverdancer

pandoras-box said:
I personally think uniformity might work best ... well that is just what works best for me. However I feel it would maybe work very well if you go for uniformity but still create them with your own emotions and feelings. There is nothing wrong with cards in a deck being different as long as the feeling is still the same and the flow isn't broken, if you know what I mean?

After just seeing the other card you posted here, i am even more interested in seeing and hopefully being able buying the finished deck. Please do keep me posted. :)

Thank you, Pandoras-box, for stopping by and addressing one of my concerns! It looks like the cards are creating themselves. :laugh:

I understand perfectly what you mean about the same feeling and not breaking the flow. I will try my best.:)

Star-Willow

riverdancer said:
I've been looking over the advice re. self publishing and it does seem very daunting. I won't give up, though, because the difficulties appear to hinge more on cost than anything else. That can somehow be found, with a lot of luck and a little time.

Thank you, again, for stopping by and for your advice.

I'm a firm believer in the Universal Law of Attraction, whatever you want to come into your life, will.......

cloud9

Death card

I think the death card has a wonderful feel to it. Thumbs up for this one.
Do you think you might be changing the naming convention? The actual word death doesn't necessarily seem to fit with this image although the meanings I usually ascribe to the death card do come through, if you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see your next card.

Riverdancer

Star-Willow said:
I'm a firm believer in the Universal Law of Attraction, whatever you want to come into your life, will.......

Bless you, Star-Willow, may you be heard... Thank you for reminding me.