What good can be pulled from Indi?

Enlightenment1

Ok, so as a new Froud Faeries user I was doing the exercises in the front of the book and I choose Indi as my favourite card (the one that appeals most to me). He is just so cute and his little sad face makes me want to love him, nurture and care for him, I also feel kinda sorry for him. I pondered over some of the prettier, more elegant cards that I suppose many would pick as their favourite but I was just too drawn to Indi and it felt right to go for him :)

After doing my own take on him and then reading the books meaning I just can't seem to find what good can come from him, and it says in the book the card you've picked as the one that appeals most to you "tells you what you're trying to create in your life". What can this be with Indi seeing as he's always umming and arghing and so undecided lol? I'm totally confused...

Thanks for any help folks, it would be greatly appreciated!

Poetic_Pirate

haha, this deck is a lot of fun. ive had it for over 2 years, and its still my favorite.

anyways, your question was "what good can come from him" correct? ^_^ or something like that anyways...and here is my take on the lil fae

in the starter position, ive always felt that he means that you know you have a decision to make and you know what its about but you have no idea which way to go. left, right, up, down, which is the right way? its kinda like hes letting you know that you have a problem to consider to begin with. not to mention the one large orb and the one small one...once again with the indecision

in the reversed position, i could see it as you have no idea whats going on at all. you know you have a problem, yes, but what is the problem? its not just you know what your problem is but you dont know how to fix it, but rather, you know you have a problem, but you dont know what is or how to fix it. not to mention the little guy hes standing on is now at the top, kind of mocking you so to speak.

this is just my interpretation, and i have no idea if that explained anything. i hope it did. but if it didnt, then try looking at every little speck on him. why are specific points highlighted? why is that face there? whats with the orbs? hehe, once again though, i hope i helped even a little ^_^

Pirate

Jewel

Enlightenment1 said:
Ok, so as a new Froud Faeries user I was doing the exercises in the front of the book and I choose Indi as my favourite card (the one that appeals most to me). He is just so cute and his little sad face makes me want to love him, nurture and care for him, I also feel kinda sorry for him.

After doing my own take on him and then reading the books meaning I just can't seem to find what good can come from him. What can this be with Indi seeing as he's always umming and arghing and so undecided lol? I'm totally confused...

OHHHHHHHH he was my favorite card too!!! He is just adorable. I have been using the deck for about 5 years and it is my favorite hands down. Actually the deck is so interactive that I don't even consider it a deck anymore.

About your question. Remember the book is simply a guide. Jessica's experience with the faeries to be exact. The exercises are EXCELLENT in teaching you how to connect with the faeries. Quit reading the meanings of the cards you select for the exercises until you have done all of the exercises. You will walk away from those exercises with a really neat understading of the faeries work.

What good can come from Indi??? It is good to really look at your options, wheighing them. See how he balances the balls. This is one interpretation that I sometimes get from him, particularly if accompanied by Geeeeooo the Slow in the spread (but most of the time he is all about indecision and problems with being assertive). But that is getting ahead of ourselves. What the exercise calls for (if I recall) is for YOUR impressions. What did you see?, how did you feel looking at the card?, what did he awake in you? perhaps it was that he brought out that nurturing side of you. It could be that you want be bring that nurturing side more into your life. With the faeries oracle note that the faeries are NOT going to stick to book meanings. That is not in their nature. The book meanings can be good guides, but are definetly not the end all of the multidemensional meanings of the faeries. Give it time and you will see what I mean.

Try communicating with Indi. Ask him what good he can bring into your life. See if he responds to you. If you start hearing things in your head, and wonder if you are going crazy, just relax and assume it is Indi talking to you. What is he saying to you??? I know this sounds strange, but just try it.

Good luck with the Faeries Oracle, and welcome to the Study Group!

Skydancer

Indi came to me yesterday to be my helper in doing the reading I'm preparing now -- and I was most interested in seeing him. I think he is just the cutest! So indecisive - like he has two or more wonderful balls to play with and just can't decide which one to go with first. Which one? Which one??

I stopped reading the meanings in the book after the first few times after getting the deck last year (or year before). It was just too confusing. Now that I am dialoging with them, listening to what they are saying, it is going much better. Go with what you hear.

Also, your favorite card will change from time to time.
AND they sometimes jump out at you just to throw you off track!! They can be little pranksters! :D