Moon void of course - April 4-April 6

Stargirl

I'm curious about what the moon void of course means to everyone. This is when the moon is about to leave the current sign and will have no aspects to other planets until it reaches the next sign. The moon is now void of course in Scorpio until mid-day Friday (U.S.), when it will enter Sagittarius.

I've read that this period of time, regardless of sign, can bring a "spacey" "disconnected" feeling, seeing things with rose-colored glasses, not a good time to start major projects, have a first date, etc. but that it's a good time to rest, get things in order, and be introspective/focus on spiritual growth.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience w/this or stories to share.
Thanks!

Kahlie

I thought the Moon was still in Libra today, but I've seen it described in Scorpio as well...

In any case, I certainly had a hard day with loads of bad news today, missed appointments (other party) and other crap. Disconnected? Dunno.

Kahlie

dadsnook2000

Correct me if I'm wrong . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Void Of Course moon is a tool of Hoary astrology used to signify that the question can't be answered such that any result will come out of it. Dave

celticnoodle

maybe this is why today i just don't seem to have much energy. i just can't seem to get going.

dadsnook2000

Energy

Energy is related to Sun, Mars and (sometimes) Mercury. Moon is related to habitual responses, primary needs and emotions. It is more likely that a transiting planet or two is aspecting Sun, Mars, Mercury. A VOC Moon is only that way for short periods of time, as a rule. Of course, much of this depends on the nature of the aspects you use. Dave.

Gemini Rising

This is really weird. My father is leaving my mom and me today and moving out, and it's probably the most miserable the three of us have been in our whole lives. (I don't care about my father too much, he's just getting karma back for all the crap he pulled on us.) If it's supposed to leave a "disconnected" feeling, we certainly don't have it!

Alectra

...Confused??

I am lost, I am looking at the link that ROS attached and this void seems to happen all the time. I have never heard of it. I mean I have been having a rough sort of week the last week but the way I am reading this chart its like it is all the time... Can someone better explain this?

A~

Gavriela

Sure. VOC happens for a few minutes to a few days every time the moon changes sign - it's based on the last aspect the moon makes to another planet before the sign change, and occurs approximately every 2-1/2 days. The moon is a fast-moving planet, it circles the celestial sphere every 29 days or so.

By my ephemeris it won't be VOC til tomorrow evening (my time) and lasts for about 14 hours.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just the sky's way of telling us to take a break from the heavy stuff.

dadsnook2000

For Alectra

Like I said, what you are experiencing probably is related to other factors in your chart. Not the VOC Moon which is so common that it happens every few days for a few minutes or a few hours.

Obscure situations in astrological practice are seldom the cause of anything. It is almost always the primary, few, major and ordinary things like planets aspecting planets. Often, in our natal chart, we have two or more planets that are linked in some complex way. When this "complex" (sounds psychological, doesn't it?) is triggered by another planet, sometimes by one of the planets in the complex pattern, it triggers the natal pattern.

You, or someone who knows something about astrology, has to look at your chart. Glib, superficial, or obscure factors are seldom involved. It just basic astrology applied correctly. Dave