World Spirit Tarot - Sage / King of Cups

Sulis

This card has come up a lot for me recently in daily draws so I thought I'd post about him.

This King or Sage sits in a throne actually made of water. he look towards his left hand in which he holds a golden golblet filled with water.
The sea which surrounds him looks quite choppy but he doesn't seem bothered by it. The sky looks stormy too.

I've always thought of this guy as someone who is in complete control of his emotions, he's mastered them and so doesn't have to show them all the time.
I also think that this is someone who has managed to detach himself from his emotions a bit.
He's a King so he manifests the qualities of his suit in the real world.
So he's emotional but he isn't ruled by his emotions... He's in touch with them but he can detach himself...
I think he would make a good teacher, counsellor or healer... Like all of the cups courts he'd be a good listener and would be a good person to go to with your problems but because he helps others I see a sadness and regret in him..
He helps others but not always himself and maybe he has put aside his own creativity in order to 'make it' in the world.

I like the way the water actually supports him so he is either supported by his emotions, his spirituality or his relationships... I like that.

Attachments

• King of Cups.jpg
    King of Cups.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 617