Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Star-Willow

New avy, just wanted to show you all

Hello IDSer's :)

While the past couple of days have been pretty crap for me, I decided that I needed a cheer up, I am always cheered-up when I come to this place :D....

After reading that some of you decided to change your avatars to portray your chosen deck, I thought that I would change mine for the IDS aswell :)

(I will miss my witch though :()

I think I am all set to go??

I've decided to scan my daily card, on a daily basis.. scan it and because I only can print in B&W, I will colour the picture... It will give me something else creative to do everyday, apart from my ramblings in my journal... I will enjoy that :)

The countdown is on hey?

Enjoy!

:heart:
star*

Madame Squee

sapienza said:
Well said, I couldn't agree more. I've got a few ideas for future IDS's myself, just have to get through this one first :).

I did my first real reading with the Alchemical last night and was surprised at how clearly it spoke to me. I thought I was going to have more difficulty connecting with the images. The more time I spend with this deck the more I feel like I'm connecting with it, and we haven't even officially started yet. I did a reading about what the IDS and the Alchemical deck could offer me, kind of like a new deck interview. It was really positive which I felt was a great reassurance for me. I'm really excited about working with the Alchemical deck, I just feel like it has a lot to offer me. Also, I'm getting my folder sorted out and ready to go. This is going to be lots of fun :)
You are sooo right, sapienza -- this is going to be lots of fun!!! :laugh:

I finally settled on a deck (the Shakespearian) that I've had in my collection for several years. It's one that I've always enjoyed, connected with, and then put away because the meanings in some of the cards don't jibe with more traditional RWS meanings (at least as far as I know). I would put it away, because I felt like I should be reading with something more "traditional", like RWS or clone. Plus, I discovered other people don't care for the deck, because there seems to be confusion between the cups and pentacles, which was the same issue I was having with the card meanings. So, I figured this is a deck I should not be reading with -- totally ignoring the fact that I was getting really good readings from it! :p

So, now I'm back to it after spending three more years buying decks and searching for "The One". Although I don't regret having my collection, I'm really glad finally to understand (again thanks to Umbrae) that I can read with this deck (or any deck) if I just get out of my own way. I picked this one, because I feel a connection to it, and it's exciting (for me) to read. I can feel the excitement when I pick up the deck, and I see it in my spreads, so this is it, and it's definitely going to be fun! :thumbsup:

c.s.

Aulruna

Is it too late to join? (It's only the 18th in my part of the world, though Kat should be approaching midnight :D )

Open Arms

Ok - I have also changed my Avatar...

I prefer the alternate Lovers card from the VR gold..which is the deck I will be using. I will miss my Woman of Strength from the Gilded but that is a cross I will have to bear!

Only a few hours to go and when I wake...the IDS for me begins...

I wish you all Luck...Love...Blessings!

kwesifriends

Me too I need to sleep for 10 hours and it's alread IDS. I;m very excited to start and it's my first time I wish I will having fun! :D

~XOXO~

lilith_in_tree

ooh, I'm so glad it's finally almost time for everyone else to start--I've been waiting here for you folks :laugh:

Madame Squee

Star-Willow said:
Hello IDSer's :)

While the past couple of days have been pretty crap for me, I decided that I needed a cheer up, I am always cheered-up when I come to this place :D....
Hi Star-Willow! Wow, you just said a mouthful -- that's exactly why I have to visit every day! If I stay away, I start to get down and then into trouble, wanting to buy decks, etc. :bugeyed:

Star-Willow said:
<snip>I've decided to scan my daily card, on a daily basis.. scan it and because I only can print in B&W, I will colour the picture... It will give me something else creative to do everyday, apart from my ramblings in my journal... I will enjoy that :)

The countdown is on hey?

Enjoy!

star*
That's a really good idea! I'm glad you mentioned it, because I was feeling overwhelmed by the idea that I should scan all my cards this weekend in order to make my journal, but a card a day sounds much more do-able for me, and it will help me stay on track for at least 78 days! (That almost kills nine months, right??? :p)

Yeaaaa!!! Countdown!!!! I have until about 11:50 tomorrow night to finish packing away all my good old favorites. I was at it for awhile last night & hopefully will finish tonight.

Woo-hoo!

c.s.

Promise

I'm probably going to hell for this, but....my BG is now sitting comfortably in my new Sakki-Sakki pocket.

Yes, I know

But I just got the deck + book + pocket yesterday, and the deck tempted me, but I knew I just couldn't, so I decided to just go for the next best thing and slap my BG into the pocket, at least until I can get a sturdier bag made for it.

Sheesh, I think this is comparable to having a Robin Wood stored in a Memento Mori bag, maybe even worse!

rwcarter

Promise said:
Sheesh, I think this is comparable to having a Robin Wood stored in a Memento Mori bag, maybe even worse!
:laugh:}):laugh:}):laugh:}):laugh:}):laugh:})

I'm sure the Bohemian Gothic will show you its displeasure in its own way and in its own time.... On the other hand, I think the Robin Wood is too frightened of its enclosure to do much about it! ;)

Rodney

For those who have no idea what this is about, I made two boxes to house my Bohemian Gothic tarot (the second because I wasn't happy with the first). Although I was much happier with the second box, I ended up making it too small to house the BG, so I gave it to my partner, who put his Robin Wood tarot into it. You can see pics of both boxes in the Making Tarot Boxes thread here in the Talking Tarot forum.

lilith_in_tree

Promise, that is really funny! I imagine the BG might be stunned into silence for a moment, but let's hope it isn't too miffed or you might have some trouble coming :laugh:
It does make kind of a nice contrast though!