Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

thorhammer

You CAN be strong, Open Arms! The VR is a beautiful deck - get out the 8 of Wands and gaze at its inspirational image for a bit :). And since they're sisters, just imagine how much better it's going to make working with the BG, when you know the VR inside out! Focus, woman! :heart:

\m/ Kat

Promise

Ugh, you wouldn't believe how badly it messed with my head, going through the Sakki-Sakki to check that all the cards were there.

I've kinda grown accustomed to the dark colors in my BG, and the Sakki...well, let's just say my brain had a bit of a seizure when I first opened the box. And the scary part was that I was actually really tempted by it! But I've resisted and tucked it away with my other decks, out of sight, out of mind--hopefully!

afrosaxon

I bought a composition book for my studies today. :cool5:

No special pens (when did pens get so expensive -- or rather, the ones I prefer are!)...but I have to go back to the store tomorrow...;)

Open Arms

The deck was BEGGING me to shuffle it...I didn't but it was HARD!!

I know I can be strong..I know I can...

Its put away now...but its still calling meeeeee!

Going to start my first serious card study in a minute..just make a strong cup of tea first.... with extra sugar coz I think I 'm gonna need it

cybercat

I just spet the past day and half tearing thru boxes of books that are still packed looking for my journal notebook. Well, as usual it was the last place I looked. ThrU it in the second christmas chest that was in the living room. Now that was some lazy packing on my part it was a rush thing for the living room.

As far as pens nothing special but if I can get some stamp inks again hmmm. I have some nice stamps to use for decorating on the pages.

Disa

Hello everyone.

I'm quite terrified to say that I'd like to join in using The Tarot of the Crone.

I pledge to follow all the guidelines set forth in the first post. I have only a few pre-orders placed most of which probably will not appear during this time period and I have no intention of ordering another thing for a long, long time(unless Chronata finishes the All Hallow's Tarot and makes it available;) )

I've never been very good at doing a card a day, but the Tarot of the Crone Companion book has quite a few wonderful spreads in it and I will journal each spread that I do, in fact, I did the first one one yesterday.

Oh, I should probably also pledge that I will not spend time posting about taroting instead of actually taroting-

Good luck to you all.

Disa

Madame Squee

Well, I'm just now ordering my official journal book to keep track of my 9-month odyssey with the Shakespearian Tarot, and it's a girdle book! :p Here's what it looks like in case you haven't seen one, and, no, it won't help me pull in my huge belly :bugeyed::D (scroll to the bottom):
http://aelflaed.homemail.com.au/doco/girdlebook.html

I've been lusting after the girdle-book journals at the Larkspur, Colorado Renfest for several years now but could never really justify purchasing one. Now, I can, because I have a wee tiny bit of extra money, DH's blessing and a really good purpose: it's the perfect journal for creating a Shakespearian mood and encouraging IDS stick-to-it-tiveness! :laugh:

Well, I'm totally jazzed about the journal but keeping a gimlet eye on the expenditure, lest there be more... ;)

:heart:
c.s.
(IDSing the Shakespearian Tarot)

lilith_in_tree

Open Arms, I'm with Kat on this one--I think if you stick with the VR for this study and then go for the BG, you'll have a wonderfully deep understanding of both (says the woman who also has a BG silver squirelled away waiting to be used :laugh: ) Honestly, I think studying them in that order (IMO, of course) is the way to go.
And I've really lost my mind now--I've decided, after someone here mentioned that they're doing the April Fool's novel thing, that in addition to my study I'm going to do NaPoWriMo--the poetry version of NaNoWriMo. That would be a poem a day for the month of April. Either all this is going to make me have some kind of major breakthrough, or breakdown, I don't know which yet!

Alamaris

Well, I've got 5 hours left until midnight in my part of the world! I think I'm going to take out my decks and have one final look at them before they go away. I don't think I'm going to have any problem not seeing them for three months...my only challenge will be putting my New Orleans Voodoo away -- unopened! -- when it arrives in a few weeks.

I've got a few minor readings planned for the next few days, to keep me occupied. (Excepting tomorrow, ironically, because I'll be in the city all day.) A couple are related to the writing project I'm planning for April, and I'm going to do a reading about the next President of the USA. ;) I don't live there, so it doesn't have a heck of a lot of bearing on my life, but it'll be fun.

(Forgive me if I sound utterly incoherent...I'm very much addle-brained tonight!)

Madame Squee

Alamaris said:
Well, I've got 5 hours left until midnight in my part of the world! I think I'm going to take out my decks and have one final look at them before they go away. I don't think I'm going to have any problem not seeing them for three months...my only challenge will be putting my New Orleans Voodoo away -- unopened! -- when it arrives in a few weeks.

I've got a few minor readings planned for the next few days, to keep me occupied. (Excepting tomorrow, ironically, because I'll be in the city all day.) A couple are related to the writing project I'm planning for April, and I'm going to do a reading about the next President of the USA. ;) I don't live there, so it doesn't have a heck of a lot of bearing on my life, but it'll be fun.

(Forgive me if I sound utterly incoherent...I'm very much addle-brained tonight!)
Egad, don't get me started!!!! :bugeyed: I live in the USA, and I'm ready for CHANGE -- big time! YES, WE CAN!!!! I'm very afraid and very sure I'll basically be incoherent until the Democratic Convention in August. Then, I'll either be okay or insane! Nuff said, I'm sure. :p

:heart:
c.s.