Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

kwesifriends

Knight of Wands said:
No-one likes my reading circle idea :(

I may just go cry like the KoC I am....

Don't be sad I think your suggestion is great but I think some people are not yet comfortable with there new card that they can't still control them. Have fun everyone appreciated your suggestion! :)

bleuivy

KoW, I think your reading circle idea is a great one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. One of the IDS rules I've made for just myself is that I'm not reading for anyone else at all for the entirity of the IDS. I want to get back to basics, reading for just myself, which is why I started reading tarot.

But I think a reading circle is a lovely idea for people who are allowed to read for others. :)

Nina*

Knight of Wands said:

*I* want to read with you, Jim. :heart:

Knight of Wands

Thanks guys... Yes Kwesi, some people may not feel ready.

Blueivy, ok, you're forgiven from not being able to participate ;)

And Nina :D - There's two of us, at least!

WolfSpirit

*offers KoW a hanky*
I think it is a great idea, and I want to join :)
Once every two weeks sounds about right for me.
I am sure there will be more people joining, I think half the forum is still asleep or getting up at the moment.

Alamaris ~ I bookmarked the site :) I was thinking of doing the same thing, it would be nice to join a forum that does it too...if I can choose the number of words I will write it may be doable for me. I would not want to commit myself to a lot of writing but it will be nice to write on a regular basis, with the help from my deck.

Looks like I am going to be busy after all...great :D

Knight of Wands

*dabs eyes with hanky*

Wooh :D

My self worth is returning ;)

Haha!

Reading Circles are fun - I don't mind heading it and sorting it out, unless someone else really wants to of course!

Nina*

Knight of Wands said:
Reading Circles are fun - I don't mind heading it and sorting it out, unless someone else really wants to of course!
I definitely think you should. Just let us know when it's up! :)

PeterS

Knight of Wands said:

WoldSpirit was right about me. Your post came about 3:00 in the morning for me. I am in on the whole idea of exchanging readings. I wonder if it might not need to be less structure and if we should put this in a thread in the Reading Exchange forum devoted to IDS?

One thing that will make this IDS most profitable for me will be getting in and doing readings.

Peter

Knight of Wands

Ok everyone - I've made a thread - Here

Enjoy :D

mosaica

MY IDS pledge:

1. I started doing daily draws with the Thoth on Mar. 10, but my official study period will begin on Mar. 19, and I will continue to work with, study, and read with the deck for at least three months, until June 22. (At that time, I will evaluate whether I want to continue for a longer time period.)

2. I have bought myself a new notebook specifically for the Thoth deck, and I will journal daily, both on paper and online.

3. I will only pick up other decks when received in trade or from an order. I will keep new deck acquisitions to a minimum in order to decrease my temptation to use other decks.

4. I will read and acquire only books that discuss the Thoth deck and its images, along with any non-card-specific books that I may already have.

5. I will handle, shuffle, study, and/or read with the Thoth deck every day. In the beginning, these readings will only be for myself, but I hope to get to a point where I feel comfortable using the deck to read for others. I will begin to read for others whenever I feel ready to do so.

6. I will allow myself one crutch or concession: If I feel the need to compare or contrast the Thoth with an RWS, for the purposes of greater understanding of the Thoth system ONLY, I will use the Lo Scarabeo (it incorporates some Thoth symbolism, and it drew me to the Thoth). The ultimate goal, however, is to feel like I have a firm understanding of the Thoth on its own.

7. This is going to be fun! :)

Mosaica