World Spirit - Sibyl of Swords

Sulis

Just looking at this card makes me feel quite cold and shivery.

The Sword Queen sits on stone throne high up in the mountains. From her vantage point she can see a vast mountain range and a lake. Everything is covered in snow and the predominant colours of the card are blues and whites.
A large bird of prey flies over the mountains and another sits at the feet of the queen and looks intently at her.
The Sibyl herself is an older lady who looks quite stern and intimidating. In her right hand she holds a large sword.

I like the way this queen is depicted as an older lady.. She has lived a bit and also suffered a bit yet she has learned from her life experiences and they have turned her into the wise woman she is now.
She looks like the type of person that others go to for advice and also for judgement... A female King Solomon.
She is in the mountains, above everything else and that, to me represents her ability to think clearly.
The snowy, cold image immediately gives a feeling of crispness. I think that this lady's whole manner will be quite brisk... She doesn't suffer fools, she speaks her mind clearly and precisely. She's a lady who doesn't 'beat around the bush'...
She's a clear thinker and a very good communicator.

Attachments

• Sibyl of Swords.jpg
    Sibyl of Swords.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 781

Acacia

I pulled this card the other day in a question about my upcoming visit to Alaska. She seemed so appropriate for the journey, the wise woman of the mountains.

pasara

I loved your description, Sulis.

Another thing I notice about this card is the juxtaposition of the two birds, one soaring and in silhouette, the other still at her side and in full detail, each on a separate side of her upraised sword. To me this suggests she can soar with her thoughts while staying very grounded.

Sulis

pasara said:
I loved your description, Sulis.

Another thing I notice about this card is the juxtaposition of the two birds, one soaring and in silhouette, the other still at her side and in full detail, each on a separate side of her upraised sword. To me this suggests she can soar with her thoughts while staying very grounded.

Ooh I like that Pasara :).
Maybe the 2 birds could also represent others.. She inspires others to soar and also inspires them to listen to her words of wisdom.

I love this deck, I've had it for almost 10 years and I still see new things in it when I use it :).