world mythology

patter

would anyone be interested in chatting about tarot symbolism and world mythology -- connections/interactions between the two? I am particulalry interested in anceint Greek/Roman myth in this role -- but also Maori, Egyptian etc...

[p]

jlbvt

I'm interested- I adore mythology of all cultures and times, but I don't think I have any decks with mythology symbols. I just got the Fung Shui Tarot today though, I will check it out.

Moongold

I'm interested!

I have the Mythic deck, which is Greek I think, and also the Shining Tribe which uses myths from many times and cultures.

Moongold

Ophiel

What do you think about all the myths packed into the Thoth deck? I saw this link referenced in a Thoth post, but in case you didn't get it, you can read about the mythologies found in the majors at this site:

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb/Crowley/thoth/majors.html

Lots of mythology here.

Moongold

Next step?

I haven't got Thoth but I noticed it is the most favoured deck on Aeclectic for 2002/3.

Patter, are you still around? Perhaps you could be a bit more explicit about what you imagined might happen here.

The Qabbalah (sp?) and the Tree of Life are obvious considerations as well.

Blessings,

Moongold

patter

sorry - I have been in an internet-less purgtory for 2 weeks. I had in mind discussion of any myths that are on existing decks or might be used in new decks -- a broad brief. Perhaps it would be best themed around particulalr crads with people bringing in their thoughts about how well different myths are or could be used to understand and express that card?