10 Pentacles and 8 Swords Combination

earthmama

I've had these two cards pulled together twice now for a friend of mine. The first question was "what is his next move" and the second was a relationship outcome. This got me thinking about these two cards in other contexts... so I just thought I'd post and see how you'd feel about this combo. What do these mean to you if they show up together for the following?

What is her/his next move
Relationship
Employment/Career
Money/Finances
Health

Here are my thoughts on these and I'd love to hear yours!

Next move- I don't see him making any move. He feels very conflicted about his feelings and what approach he should take, but it's looking like he wants to end things

Relationship- Mental issues and blockages from a past relationship are too much and it will cause the relationship to end.

Employment/Career- Worrying too much about money and greed will restrict his advancement and cause major problems for him.

Money/Finances- Major money problems... perhaps money is tied up or access is restricted and it will cause a lot of headache.

Health- Pill addiction (the 10/Pents has always indicated pills or medications to me)

rwcarter

I would read these two elementally in the order you listed them, so the 10P would be the primary card and the 8S would weaken its meaning since Air and Earth are enemies.

Next moves:
Relationship - He plans to propose (10P) but something is holding him back (8S)
Work - He wants to find a better paying job (10P) but feels hindered by the job market (8S).
Finances - He plans to invest in the stock market (10P) but lacks confidence on how to proceed (8S).
Health - He's going to buy a life insurance policy (10P) but doesn't know how much he can afford (8S).

Rodney

nisaba

Ten Pentacles and Eight Swords ... next move and relationship outcome.

(You do realise, of course, that an "outcome" is an ending?)

For next move: The Ten Pentacles indicates an awareness of what he or she already has, making them unwilling to make any move at all (the Eight Swords) for fear of losing it.

Relationship outcome: Initial happiness, possibly including children, mortgages and all that kind of stuff (Ten Pentacles), to be followed later by feeling "tied down" and wanting to escape but being unable to do so (Eight Swords). So, after the initial years of happiness, it will get pretty dreary.

Employment: Initial happiness at even getting a job (Ten Pentacles) followed by the grinding drudgery of doing the same thing day in and day out (Eight Swords).

Money: Plenty of income (Ten Pentacles) but plenty of bills, financial commitments etc (or even just hang-ups about spending) to prevent you enjoying it (Eight Swords).

Health: Solid, stable constitution (Ten Pentacles) followed by diseases of restricted movement such as arthritis as time passes (Eight Swords).

earthmama

Thank you rwcarter and nisaba! Your posts are great!!