2 of Swords Rx clarified by 5 of wands rx

summeryjoy

OK, so I did a reading for myself, through which a learned that I probably won't be in *the* relationship for quite some time. So I asked what I needed to focus on in the meantime to prepare myself and, hopefully, shorten the time period that I have to wait.

I got the two of swords reversed as an answer for that. Now, that could mean a variety of things, so I drew another card to clarify, and a reversed five of wands came up. That didn't help. In fact, it confused me even more.

Anyone up for helping out a novice here? What could those two cards mean?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi summerjoy,

Per the forum Posting Rules (click), when asking for help with cards from a reading you are required to provide your own interpretation first before others may help you. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the only way you're going to learn is to try. You might even surprise yourself with what you come up with.

Also, is this a complete reading or two cards from a larger reading? Complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings, while up to half the cards from a reading may be discussed in Using Tarot Cards.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

summeryjoy

Hi summerjoy,

Per the forum Posting Rules (click), when asking for help with cards from a reading you are required to provide your own interpretation first before others may help you. Aeclectic is a learning forum and the only way you're going to learn is to try. You might even surprise yourself with what you come up with.

Also, is this a complete reading or two cards from a larger reading? Complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings, while up to half the cards from a reading may be discussed in Using Tarot Cards.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Hello rwcarter,

I don't know whether to consider this as a whole reading (being a question on its own) or a part of one, given that the question was a follow up on a previous one. However, please feel free to move this thread if you think it's not in the appropriate section.

As to my own interpretation, I honestly have none. The bit that I have interpretation for is not posted here. I only post on the forum when I have questions that I cannot find answers for. I could just copy and paste the common keywords for the cards, but that wouldn't be honest on my part. I hope you understand.

Thanks for your help.

Nora

rwcarter

You're selling yourself short.

What would your interpretation be if the 2 Swords upright had come up as the answer? Reversed cards can be read as the opposite of the upright meaning, as a blockage or delay, as something that's being called to your attention, etc. So take your upright interpretation and put it through the above filters to see if you can come up with a reversed meaning that makes sense to you.