3 of Cups

Marsy

Has anyone else got the 3 of cups as a marriage proposal?

Ravencrow

3 of Cups.

Hi Marsy
The 3 of cups usually indicate a joyous celebration, depending on its position and can be an indication of a celebration that was celebrated to soon. If you get this card in combination with the lovers it can be an indication of a loving communion.

Regards
RC.

Laurelle

It could be, since they are celebrating. But I view it as a "supporting card", so do other cards around the reading indicate a celebration, marriage, proposal? So, yes, it can indicate a marriage proposal, a baby shower, a big wedding party.

The 3 of Cups can also be about letting loose and not wanting to be tied down. As a person, the 3 of Cups is more of the party girl/party boy. They aren't ready for that 2 of Cups romance just yet.

I would say it could go either way depending on the surrounding cards.

I know that wasn't definitive, but I hope it helped.

Marsy

Hi Marsy
The 3 of cups usually indicate a joyous celebration, depending on its position and can be an indication of a celebration that was celebrated to soon. If you get this card in combination with the lovers it can be an indication of a loving communion.

Regards
RC.

I'm asking for personal experience regarding the 3 of cups card not a textbook definition.

It could be, since they are celebrating. But I view it as a "supporting card", so do other cards around the reading indicate a celebration, marriage, proposal? So, yes, it can indicate a marriage proposal, a baby shower, a big wedding party.

The 3 of Cups can also be about letting loose and not wanting to be tied down. As a person, the 3 of Cups is more of the party girl/party boy. They aren't ready for that 2 of Cups romance just yet.

I would say it could go either way depending on the surrounding cards.

I know that wasn't definitive, but I hope it helped.

Yeah the 3 of Cups revealed a marriage proposal to someone I read for and I wanted to see if anyone else has gotten it for a marriage proposal in their readings as well.

nisaba

It *could* indicate a wedding reception, if the proposal has already been made.

Or it could indicate "being just good friends" if it hasn't.

Grizabella

I agree with nisaba.

As for my own opinion, I'd expect to see the 4 of Wands with it and of course, the 2 of Cups and Lovers might also be pointing that direction. In my experience, it's always easier to finesse the meanings in a spread if I watch for card combinations.

Marsy

It *could* indicate a wedding reception, if the proposal has already been made.

Or it could indicate "being just good friends" if it hasn't.

The 3 of cups was the proposal, the wedding hasn't happened yet but they are engaged.
I agree with nisaba.

As for my own opinion, I'd expect to see the 4 of Wands with it and of course, the 2 of Cups and Lovers might also be pointing that direction. In my experience, it's always easier to finesse the meanings in a spread if I watch for card combinations.

The 4 of Wands came up for his feelings in the spread which I see as his desire to solidify the relationship with commitment. What makes you say the 4 of wands and 3 of cups together means a proposal?