5 Pentacles as How He Sees You

thedancingbears

I've gotten this card in "how he sees you" and I'm heartbroken.

He doesn't know me well at all. Frankly I haven't told him any of my woes or struggles really. All I did was allude to why I moved, and it's because I wanted to start a new life. There was too much trouble back where I was and I just wanted to move on.

Maybe he sees me as a survivor?

Sulis

I've gotten this card in "how he sees you" and I'm heartbroken.

He doesn't know me well at all. Frankly I haven't told him any of my woes or struggles really. All I did was allude to why I moved, and it's because I wanted to start a new life. There was too much trouble back where I was and I just wanted to move on.

Maybe he sees me as a survivor?
He sees you as a bit of an outsider maybe, someone a bit different?

Edited to add: thirteen's post above is excellent.

Sulis

I'm just throwing out some ideas as to what that card may mean. To discuss it in relation to your specific question, I'd suggest posting your reading in the Your Readings forum. The card could mean loads of different things, context is very important in a tarot reading.

rwcarter

When asking about how another person sees you or what another person thinks about you, the answer isn't about you, it's about them. The position wasn't, "Who am I?" It was "How does he see me?" And you have very little control over how anyone else sees you. Even if you're conscious of how you present yourself to others, you have no control over how any given individual processes that to determine how they see you.

You discounted Sulis' suggestion "because he doesn't know me that well" yet your own suggestion was that he sees you as a survivor. If he doesn't know you that well, how is "survivor" any more of a possibility than what Sulis suggested of you being an outsider?

If this is the same person you've asked about before, the 5P says that he sees you as someone that he could stick with through thick and thin BUT only if he forsakes his religion. Put another way, he sees you as someone who will get him thrown out of the church if he pursues you. He sees you as someone with whom he would have to exist outside of the church.

Rodney

thedancingbears

When asking about how another person sees you or what another person thinks about you, the answer isn't about you, it's about them. The position wasn't, "Who am I?" It was "How does he see me?" And you have very little control over how anyone else sees you. Even if you're conscious of how you present yourself to others, you have no control over how any given individual processes that to determine how they see you.

You discounted Sulis' suggestion "because he doesn't know me that well" yet your own suggestion was that he sees you as a survivor. If he doesn't know you that well, how is "survivor" any more of a possibility than what Sulis suggested of you being an outsider?

If this is the same person you've asked about before, the 5P says that he sees you as someone that he could stick with through thick and thin BUT only if he forsakes his religion. Put another way, he sees you as someone who will get him thrown out of the church if he pursues you. He sees you as someone with whom he would have to exist outside of the church.

Rodney

My apologies if I was coming off as rude when I didn't understand why someone would see me a certain way. I mean there's a reason why I posted here and asked for help. I knew my interpretation was lame and I needed input from others here.

I can't even see thirteens interpretation anymore.... What happened???

I got this card again for someone else in the same position. I guess everyone sees me as an outsider and a crazy person. Great. *sigh*

Grizabella

I don't see Thirteen's post, either. :) It must be in the thread this one was split from.

Rodney has a great interpretation there about being thrown out of church. :)

My thought is that he sees you as someone who hasn't established themselves and put down roots where they are right now, whether living in the same town or not---you might just not be established and settled in the new area of town you've moved to. That's not a bad thing, just an observation they might have made.