6 of Swords as how to change outcome in romantic reading, reversal

myrrhmyrrh

This is concerning two different readings for the same person about two different men. For what it's worth I use the Estensi (Golden Tarot of the Renaissance) deck, so the images are very different

For the first reading, for his cards, the outcome was 6 cups, with 6 swords *reversed* as something you can do to change the outcome. In my deck two lovers staring into each other's eyes fly off into the clouds in a chariot flown by a griffon, but under a cloud of crossed swords. As its reversed they wd seem to have swords below, but still even upside down there are still clouds above them. Key words for this reversal are "cannot move on, carrying baggage" but these things are usually Rider-Waite oriented and I'm not sure that works here.

Many thinks for your collective wisdom, AT mind!

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your interpretations?

Greetings, myrhhmyrrh, and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. We're very happy to have you.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the rules of both our forum (Using Tarot Cards) and the Your Readings forum here:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

The rule in either of those forums is that you must interpret the cards you're asking about before others can help you. So, if you would, could you please tell us, briefly, what you think the 6/Cups as outcome & 6/Swords as changing that outcome mean (and why would you want to change the 6/Cups outcome?).

We know you're stuck, which is why you're asking for help. However, the cards can mean a lot of different things, and you alone know this situation best (why don't you like those outcome cards and want to change them?). So if you can offer us a guess at what you think these cards mean, it would help us to narrow down possible interpretations.

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF TILL Myrhhmyrrh offers interpretations. Thank you,
Thirteen co-mod UTC

myrrhmyrrh

Oh, flip! I'm sorry - I should have read those beforehand. Let me try to figure something out.
It's a good rule by the way, nonetheless.

myrrhmyrrh

For the six of swords reversed, recalling my above description of the card....

so since the chariot moves through clouds above and below, either upright or rx, there are unknowable things, especially concerning a romantic (figurative) cloud nine, seventh heaven, ride off into the sunset

That there is a cloud over this situation no matter what? wd that mean a cloud as in an ill omen or a cloud as in a veil

Rx the swords are below them, as though they have managed to fly above and away from them, but then nothing in this relationship is settled so that makes no real sense

A traditional reading that this card rx speaks to refusal of that change, or hanging on to baggage and weight that will not allow that transformation to take place - so perhaps that is this man, that his refusal to change his ways means that that will affect the 6 cups outcome that seems so favorable

Just to add, we both suspect this man is a closeted gay man and would not be interested in her as a partner. So the 6 cups is equally confusing, however in my deck the 6 cups has an adult laying hands on the head of a child, like a student or an acolyte of some kind and we are speaking of a sort of teacher of hers. For my part I interpreted that as his nostalgic happiness in recalling his own apprenticeship years in his relationship with her.

But I'm not sure how I wd read the 6 swords rx in relation to that. Interesting that it's two sixes that follow eachother.

Thirteen

Thanks much, myrhhmyrrh. You went above and beyond. We're sure you'll get plenty of help now.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

Thirteen

The 6/Cups is often called "Known joy" meaning that the "love" between two people is "comfortable." Like a pair of old slippers. Changing that, trying to make it something different or new would destroy it. Ruin the perfect balance that currently exists. And, yes, it can stand for a platonic relationship. Cups aren't always about romantic love. They can also be about love for family, love for friends, love for our fellow man.

So, I ask again...why would this person want to change that outcome? Meaning, change whatever comfortable relationship they have with this person and, thus, risk losing it?

6/Swords rx...Swords are communications. That's what all the clouds are about. Moving through air like words, like ideas, like text messages. And 6/Swords is moving away from arguments, disagreements, to reach an understanding—a destination. A meeting of minds up there in the clouds of ideas. So, if this person doesn't want that comfortable friendship with this person, if they want more...they're going to have to keep arguing with that person. They're going to have to keep the relationship turbulent. Among storm clouds, rather than above those clouds. No meeting of minds, no spiritual union. It won't be a comfortable or natural thing, as the 6/Swords *wants* to reach an understanding, and knows it can be reached. But, clearly, reaching that understanding = being good, comfortable friends (6/Cups).

The double 6's indicate that there is a natural and balanced relationship that can come out of this; a meeting of minds and spirits leading to a very comfortable and long-lasting friendship filled with mutual love. But the person you're reading for has to accept that relationship as is, as it will be. It will not be as they want it to be.

myrrhmyrrh

That works fairly well, Thirteen. Thank you. I'll look through the other cards, as well, it wasln't by and large a very favorable reading so you may have it.

I'm still game for anyone else's take though.

Anyone? Bueller?

myrrhmyrrh

Thirteen I need to give you more feedback on that thoughtful reading - sadly I'm in a lot of pain right now so will try to do that tomorrow

myrrhmyrrh

Hello

Again, I think your reading is on point - I do think he's very comfortable with her and that there is affection there but it is more that of the mentor/apprentnce image of the card and that of all his apprentices, she "gets" him in a way that no one else does - he is a very oddd bird- so that I think yes, she must be like a pair of old slippers to him, and indeed why wd she want to change that, and to change that there wd have to be a lot of badgering - to what end? ruin the slippers?

Also - in the interim I found that this card is based on the Schifanoia fresco of Hades abducting Persephone - even reversed, why wd she want to go there? why ruin a perfectly good pair of slippers?

Furthermore in the place of "where is this relationship headed " for his cards we turned up Knight of Cups rx - as tho to say, this horse ain't headed anywhere.

Is that good feedback wise?

Thirteen

Awesome!

Is that good feedback wise?
That was *AWESOME* feedback! :D Really, you don't have to go that far (though, I loved it. Great insights on your side). Our feedback rule is there to make sure that people don't ask for help then, in reply to a dozen, thoughtful messages, say only: "thanks everyone, that helped." I'm sure you've gotten those kinds of replies yourself online, and felt cheated, "Why did I bother?" right?

So, we make sure that in the Using Tarot Cards Forum and in Your Readings Forum anyone who helps with interpreting cards from a reading gets some acknowledgment. But, especially if you get a lot of responses, please don't feel like you have to reply with more than a sentence or two for each. All that is required is that you let the person know, briefly, what you thought of their interpretation.