7 of Swords in Ukiyoe deck?

Tiggy-cat

Hi all. I recently pulled the 7 of Swords, using the Ukiyoe deck, and I'm not sure what to make of the card. In most RW based decks, I see it as someone acting underhanded or sneaky and stealing something form someone, possibly something that they think is rightfully theirs, like in the question on pg. 2 now about "hate from envy".

But since meanings are supposed to be based largely on the author's interpretation, and the card description says: "New plans. Wishes. Fortitude. Perseverance. Endeavor. Hope. Confidence. Fantasy. Design."

This seems like quite a different take. I can see some similarities but this seems overall like a much more positive interpretation than the usual implications we see.

In this case it was in the context of how the guy of my dreams will react towards seeing me at an upcoming social event. Using the author's meaning, I'd tend to see it as either he might make a move, or might be planning something, but if I were to consider the more frequently quoted meaning, I'd see it as more of he might be acting one way but feeling a different way, or playing a mind game. I also drew some cards that gave me a distinct impression that he's "ready" in a couple of ways.

Any thoughts?