7 swords rx in career/job/interview

Sazzle

Helloooo
Please bare with me again I'm quite new to tarot!

I'm having a bit of confusion with this card - what could it possibly mean in terms of job hunting.
Basically a few weeks ago I went to an interview. To which they did say I would hear back after two weeks regardless if I got the job or not, to give feedback.
After wards I asked will I hear back from them, I also then asked what will be the outcome. Both times I received the 7 swords Rx as outcome.
As yesterday it had been over two weeks I decided to ask if I would hear back from them, since I haven't.
I revceived it AGAIN. As the outcome.

Now upright I would figure nope sorry buddy you're not hearing from them, the outcome would be that someone else got the job and they're not even going to bother telling you.
But reversed... I've seen it before as a confession from a person. But I can't see how this would correlate to a job interview. As hearing back from them I'm going with a yes? Or maybe I will get some inside information (my cousins wife works there too).
As an outcome in general I'm so stumped - I read it could be returning to the scene of the crime...maybe a second interview? I could not pick up anything from this card none of the three times. So maybe I'm just being overly optimistic in my interpretations.
The rest of the spread obviously showed the usual you would see in an interview scenario - competition etc.

I did a cc spread with my universal Waite deck

Thanks guys :)

tarot_quest

Hi!

If it was my reading, I would see it as following: they did not take a decision. I am not sure if you can apply it to your reading, but 7 of swords rx is always a lack of planning or strategy.

Also, they said that they were going to contact you regardless of the response, so I am assuming that they will come to a conclusion at some point.

I wish you good luck by the way!

Sazzle

Hello
Thanks for the reply and the luck ;)

Mmmmm I know they said they would but still I've had it where they said they would and I never heard from them again. So, I take things with a pinch of salt :p

I just don't see how this card relates to a communication outcome other than a confession.
Or an outcome in general. Very difficult!

CrystalSeas

One way to look at the 7 of Swords Rx is to read it as the "opposite" of 7 of Swords upright. If 7 Swords upright is sneaky and dishonorable, then Rx it would mean honest and fair.

Another way to read reversals is to see them as the upright meaning, but with the energy blocked. In that case 7 of Swords Rx would mean that they are trying to manipulate the situation, but something is blocking that behavior.

So I would read this as: yes, they will contact you, but something has come up internally that's making it difficult to decide what to tell you.

Perhaps there is a disagreement about which of two candidates is better. Perhaps they've made an offer, but don't want to let you know until they hear back if that person is going to accept the job.

Sazzle

One way to look at the 7 of Swords Rx is to read it as the "opposite" of 7 of Swords upright. If 7 Swords upright is sneaky and dishonorable, then Rx it would mean honest and fair.

Another way to read reversals is to see them as the upright meaning, but with the energy blocked. In that case 7 of Swords Rx would mean that they are trying to manipulate the situation, but something is blocking that behavior.

So I would read this as: yes, they will contact you, but something has come up internally that's making it difficult to decide what to tell you.

Perhaps there is a disagreement about which of two candidates is better. Perhaps they've made an offer, but don't want to let you know until they hear back if that person is going to accept the job.

Ahhhh all these makes total sense. I mean it's almost been three weeks now - so I'm assuming the rx also means it's a delay! So yeah I can see where your interpretation plays well :) thanks!