7 year cycles

Flavio

As introduction to a Tarot course we were teached some Astrology basics, teacher explained that every 7 years our lives change, would anyone help me explaining more about those cycles?

Thank you in advance.

Fluffmeister

Flavio said:
As introduction to a Tarot course we were teached some Astrology basics, teacher explained that every 7 years our lives change, would anyone help me explaining more about those cycles?

Thank you in advance.

There are three seven-year cycles - though not exact.

The first is Saturn. Saturn takes 29.5 years to return to its natal position - so in astrology terms, you experience your first Saturn square Saturn (a square is when two planets make a 90 degree angle) at the age of 7, and your first Saturn opposition at 14 (actually fourteen and a half). Your second Saturn square is at about 21/22, and your Saturn return at 29. OK - it's not a strict seven year cycle, but it's approximate.

The next is the progressed Moon - which takes 28 years to make a complete cycle (progressions are where each day after your birth corresponds to a year of your life). This is because it's about 28 days for the Moon to make a complete cycle; the gap between one New Moon and the next is longer than this, because the Sun has moved on a bit by the time the Moon makes her return. In fact, the progressed Moon Phase is 29.5 years, just like Saturn!

The third is that Uranus takes 84 years to make a cycle - so spends seven years in each zodiac sign.

So I'd say there isn't a 7-year "cycle" as such - the cycles we experience are actually longer than this - but it can be handy to split some planetary cycles into 7-year chunks.

Flavio

Re: Re: 7 year cycles

Fluffmeister said:

The first is Saturn. Saturn takes 29.5 years to return to its natal position

Teacher was talking about Saturn and its 7 year cycles (about) in our lives, I got some feeling those cycles mark important and deep changes in our lives, some course mates mentioned getting divorced or changing career at 28-29 years old, so I got intrigued about those cycles when remembering my own life, I don't consider myself astrology skeptic but learning incredible information like this made think a LOT of things.

starhermit

Fluffmeister said:

The first is Saturn. Saturn takes 29.5 years to return to its natal position - so in astrology terms, you experience your first Saturn square Saturn (a square is when two planets make a 90 degree angle) at the age of 7, and your first Saturn opposition at 14 (actually fourteen and a half). Your second Saturn square is at about 21/22, and your Saturn return at 29. OK - it's not a strict seven year cycle, but it's approximate.
I can definately attest to the power of Saturn's 7(ish) year cycle. At each of these ages I have experienced/am experiencing something that changed/is changing my life.

I wonder if being a Capricorn sun, and having what seems to be a strong Saturn influence in my chart has anything to do with this.

Edited to correct typos :)

M-Press

As a quick testimony, the ages of approximately 7, 14 and 29, were at times when i underwent major changes in my life, and very dramatic ones?whether a family separation, move to another country or major illness. I never thought of this before, but thanks to this post I put a finger to it. . .
My MC is Capi....
So, when is my next "7"? Can't say i'm looking forward....

isthmus nekoi

MPress, if you have your birth details, you can draw up your chart on http://www.astro.com and figure out what degree your natal Saturn is at. Then you can look at any ephemeris to see when Saturn will next aspect your natal Saturn. (There's one on astro.com as well although you'll need a .pdf reader)

Not all Saturn aspects happen in 7 year intervals. My Saturn opposition came at 15, the square when I was 22. My hard Saturn-Saturn transits so far have been very good to me actually. Maybe b/c my natal Saturn's in the sign of Libra, conj Jupiter, quintile Venus - looking back, I see the Saturn has always brought love into my life.

M-Press

Hm...
thanks Isthmus for the tip! My saturn is actually one degree away from my AC, so U get "the picture" from just looking at the chart!
I always said, that had i known that my "bad" times at around 29 were due to my Saturn return, I would feel relieved, but now somehow i don't want to know too much about it, maybe that way it won't come? he..he...

anyway, i do agree though that the Sarurn "milestones" might not happen EXACTLY after 7 years each, but around is quiet accurate enough for me, since each of the changes it brought, didn't happen in a day, nor lasted a day...
I was 13 and a half when I moved to another country, and remained under shock for a whole year after that. So, I call that "when I was 14 y.o", but it really started before and lasted later...
I really try and take Saturn easy... I brainwash my head often for that... ;)

edited to add: I just remembered the 7 fat cows and the 7 skinny cows story from the days of Pharaoh in Egypt.... I guess not quite a coincidence...