8 of Cups with new love interest?

angelf1sh

I did a Celtic Cross regarding what is going on between me and a new love interest, and the card in the near future position was the 8 of cups. We only have been on 1 date and I can't decipher what this card is saying...

My possible interpretations:
i) Me walking away from another guy I was seeing casually (because I haven't "officially" ended things with him yet)
or
ii) Me walking away with this guy I asked about because he doesn't take initiative?
iii) Or that the new love interest is "walking away" from me?

Any takers on this one? Thanks!

elena_jaymz

Hi, I think it can be all of these possibilities.

In the 8 Cups a person walks away from what doesn't work anymore (the eight cups) to look for something else, he/she goes, let's say, into the unknown, as this person won't find immediately something new and better, after all he/she still has to go beyond the mountains, but what's important is this person acknowledged there was something wrong with his/her situation and so is ready to move on.

Since you asked about you and your new love interest, I'd say you should go for the interpretation involving you and him, that is or you'll acknowledge this """relationship""" with the new guy doesn't work (because you still think about the other one) or it will be this guy that will walk away from you, maybe because he'll become aware you didn't officially end with the other one.

Michael Sternbach

The 8 of Cups means stagnation of an emotional exchange, nothing more, and nothing less. Since you asked about your new relationship, this is where it's likely to occur. Where the two of you will go from there is another question.

rwcarter

In the near future, one of you will walk away from the relationship. That doesn't mean the relationship is permanently over (it's an 8, not a 10 or Death), just that one of you needs a break.

If it matters to you who that is, then you would need to do another reading to determine that.

Rodney

Grizabella

Since you asked what is going on between you and the new love interest, then the 8 of Cups indicates, in my opinion, the fact that you're ready to dump the current love interest you have in favor of the new guy.

However, I don't think you can read into it that you're walking away with the new love. There's only one figure in the 8 of Cups card, especially in the Rider Waite deck, and that makes me think that this card indicates your being willing to end the previous relationship if this one looks more promising.

As others have said, though, it could also mean the new love interest moving on.

Thirteen

Bump in the road

Doing a reading is like looking at a google map on your phone before heading out on a drive. If you see a traffic jam on the route you were going to take, you don't say "Oh no! It's going to take me hours to get there! Woe is me!" You say, "Oh, well, I'd better take a different route. Good thing I checked." So, don't make assumptions that could cause you to read this wrong and end up in trouble. I know you want that 8/Cups to be about you leaving an old love, but you didn't ask "what will I do in this relationship?" You asked "what's going on between me and this person?" Likely that 8/Cups refers to you and this new person. Next. What was the outcome? Because near future is only next step. If you got some wonderful outcome, then this is just a traffic jam in one spot and the rest is smooth sailing. Outcome is what ultimately matters in a CC.

Last: 8/Cups is having your emotional fill, or feeling like you're didn't get what you expected to get. And thus, the desire is to walk away. One or both of you is going to feel that probably within the next 30 day. Hooray! You've been warned. That means you can do something about it! How lucky are you? If you hadn't done the reading, it would have taken you by surprise and you wouldn't have a chance of preparing for it or changing it. What to do? Ask the cards. Take out that 8/Cups, put it down and do a reading (not CC, some other spread that will give you a more direct answer) asking "How can I avoid/minimize or change this?" In short, as Rodney said, if this card has you concerned, delve into. Find out what it's really about and what to do about it. That's what readings are for. To help you prepare, avoid, fix and get past these bumps in the road.

angelf1sh

I really enjoyed reading all the input regarding this situation. When I drew the card that morning I was in a pretty rough shape...and it kept showing up. To the point when I just stood up, left, and went for a long walk to clear my mind. Felt so much better afterwards.

What was the outcome? Because near future is only next step. If you got some wonderful outcome, then this is just a traffic jam in one spot and the rest is smooth sailing. Outcome is what ultimately matters in a CC.

Can't remember what the outcome card was to be honest :p Thirteen, I love how you mentioned about having the power to change things if it is something I really want. Sometimes just not sure what the best course of action is and what spread would I use for that....?

An update: I DID end things with the other guy because the situation was a complicated one with other people involved and I just did not want to be in it anymore. That said, I've never felt so much sorrow before although I was the one who ended things...

angelf1sh

In the near future, one of you will walk away from the relationship. That doesn't mean the relationship is permanently over (it's an 8, not a 10 or Death), just that one of you needs a break.

If it matters to you who that is, then you would need to do another reading to determine that.

Rodney

I feel like I need a break from BOTH situations lol...which I did say to the one guy that I am stepping away from our situation because it's been casual but complicated. With this new love interest, I wouldn't consider it a relationship yet but the other day I got pretty frustrated with myself that literally, I went for a walk :p

Tiggy-cat

Maybe the act of goingi for a walk was what the 8 Cuos was predicting. Sometimes events turn out to be much more mundane and simplistic than all the more complex and abstract interpretations of a card.