8 of Swords

TinaV

I have been getting the 8 of Swords a lot lately. I got it one time as a one card reading, then shuffled the (RW) deck, and it came out again!

For some reason, that card seems so negative. A blindfolded woman surrounded by swords. It seems as if I'm stuck in a situation, and as if there is no improvement coming anywhere soon. I'm on the fence whether I should contact someone or not. I'm not quite sure what the 8S is trying to tell me, since that is exactly how I feel now; stuck.

Anyone any other experiences with this card?

rwcarter

A more positive interpretation of the 8S is blocking out all the distractions so you can think more clearly about a situation. The woman could be stuck because she wants to be, not because someone else put her in that situation.

Grizabella

I think it could also be interpreted as meditation.

Or that there's a way out of your situation but you're not able to see it right now.

It can be saying to tread carefully, that there's a way out or a way to your answers but they'll be slow coming and your path won't be clear to you. Just feel your way along moment-to-moment or day-by-day.

There's water in the RWS image and water stands for emotional elements, so it may be that you're so emotionally involved in the situation that you can't see or think clearly about what's ahead.

I think the card can also say that the person is afraid of doing anything for fear of a misstep so they're just frozen in place.

I've always thought that the greatest prison a person can be locked up in is the one between their ears. Swords are about intellect, so this person's thinking has them trapped because they're unable, or maybe unwilling, to think their way through the situation.

Emma313

Agree with Grizabella.

There is negative thnking here that is past its sell by date, its up to you to lose them shackles that are keeping you hostage in any way little or large, and take charge, it doesnt have to be like this as they say

TinaV

A more positive interpretation of the 8S is blocking out all the distractions so you can think more clearly about a situation. The woman could be stuck because she wants to be, not because someone else put her in that situation.

I feel that in my case I'm stuck because someone put me there, and I still need to find my way out.

I think it could also be interpreted as meditation.

Or that there's a way out of your situation but you're not able to see it right now.

It can be saying to tread carefully, that there's a way out or a way to your answers but they'll be slow coming and your path won't be clear to you. Just feel your way along moment-to-moment or day-by-day.

There's water in the RWS image and water stands for emotional elements, so it may be that you're so emotionally involved in the situation that you can't see or think clearly about what's ahead.

I think the card can also say that the person is afraid of doing anything for fear of a misstep so they're just frozen in place.

I've always thought that the greatest prison a person can be locked up in is the one between their ears. Swords are about intellect, so this person's thinking has them trapped because they're unable, or maybe unwilling, to think their way through the situation.

I'm definitely willing to move forward but at the moment everything is still very unclear jobwise. My ex left me unemployed, and I am still looking for employment despite the fact that I don't really know what professional direction I should go in.

Agree with Grizabella.

There is negative thnking here that is past its sell by date, its up to you to lose them shackles that are keeping you hostage in any way little or large, and take charge, it doesnt have to be like this as they say

I'm definitely trying!