A new term for me

Josipa

Ok, while I was catching up on some of my reading regarding the tarot, the occult and spirituality in general I came upon a term I'm not quite familiar with, this being "sangrael". I really don't have a clue what this is, although it may seem to some of you I probably should have, and odd enough I can't really get any reference as to where to look for some explanation. So if any of you have any idea, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you

Imagemaker

The only relevant thing I'm finding through Google is the word sangreal (reversed vowels from your word) and links to the Holy Grail, even though the hits don't use the sangreal word.

Maybe someone else has a clue.

Josipa

that's what I've just found as well, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "sangrael", especially because I'm familiar with both theories of "sangreal" (namely "sang real" and "san greal"). But thanks a lot for your effort!

Rosanne

Sangreal or Sangrail is San gral- the Holy Grail. In myth or more like legend it is the word meaning the 'real blood' of Christ or the red wine of the last supper; sanguis means blood. It is thought that Joseph of Arimathea kept the blood from Christ in a Cup- some say Mary Magdalene was the cup and had Jesus's Child. ~Rosanne