a question about the chariot

diaynoche

hello

just a question about the chariot. Does the chariot mean foreign people or foreign countries?

thanks

le_charior

hello

just a question about the chariot. Does the chariot mean foreign people or foreign countries?

thanks

Hello diaynoche,

at least in my understanding of the Tarot (de Marseille) there is not one single meaning for any card. (Since you posted in the "Marseille" section, I assume you are referring to the Tarot de Marseille Chariot, right?). First of all it would depend on the question you asked, the spread you used and the other cards. Then Le Chariot could mean a lot of things - and in the end it is for you to decide what it means TO YOU in the given context. So for me, for example, the Chariot can mean an interior conflict (the two horses going into different directions and the driver trying to control them). It can mean victory, like in a parade char. It can mean something totally different.

Maybe you would like to share the reading where the Chariot came up? Or explain a little more why you want to know if it can mean something foreign? That way people here would surely be happy to help with their ideas!

To help add a historical perspective on where the image is coming from, there is also an excellent thread here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=97104
And also worth reading is the "How May It Be Read" thread on this card: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=97104

Hope this helps a little!

diaynoche

hello,

I was wondering about the chariot and foreign people because i read in a book on tarot that that card could mean foreign countries. So I was just wondering if it means that because of the image on the card (a chariot that comes or goes to some foreign country) or because of some other reason.

To put it in another way, if we were to ask "is this person from here o does he come from some other country?" and when we turn the card, the chariot turns up, what would the answer be?

le_charior

hello,

I was wondering about the chariot and foreign people because i read in a book on tarot that that card could mean foreign countries. So I was just wondering if it means that because of the image on the card (a chariot that comes or goes to some foreign country) or because of some other reason.

To put it in another way, if we were to ask "is this person from here o does he come from some other country?" and when we turn the card, the chariot turns up, what would the answer be?

Mhm. Unless you work in immigration, I don't really understand why you would ask the cards that question. :) (Just kidding!)

But seriously, I have no idea about that. And for me it's not the kind of question I ask when reading the cards. It also seems to be something that can be found out much easier, just ask the guy or girl! :)

For me the answer lies in the combination of several cards, their relation, the story that develops between them. No single "this card means this" meanings for me - but I guess everybody reads differently. And without a concrete situation, questions and drawing of at least 3 cards for me personally it's hard to say what a card could mean...

Liquorice

hello,

Hi,
probably yes, because the man driving the Chariot is a traveller and the place where he is now, probably is not he's motherland. He comes from afar.

moonbear

hello

thanks

Hi diaynoche

In Laura Tuan's 'Les Tarots' she lists 'a foreigner, a stranger,' as one of the meanings for this card, as well as 'business and relations with foreign lands and travel.'

The chariot is a vehicle built for travel. So yes, you could interpret this card in such a way.

Yygdrasilian

⧉ 30º north

There is a 'Chariot' drawn by the Living Creatures of our cardinal directions- whose wheels turn to a measure of time attuned to the music of the spheres.

MER for the Egyptian hieroglyph: Pyramid
KA for our Twin formed by Khnum on his Divine Potter's Wheel
BA for the Breath of Life his consort gave & the Opening of our Mouth

Holy, holy, holy-
I ring the Sanctus bell for Khnum-khufu, pharaoh of the Great Mer: a clock for the Ages whose hand rotates upon Earth's hidden Tower of babbling fools: ◷ ◶ ◵ ◴
His name means: "Khnum is my Protector"

But what was his Point?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iIJ2cYBxv...AAAa0/POIMx0DL88k/s1600/Khnum+Protects+US.jpg