ACEOs for tarot deck

starrystarrynight

I was recently reading about the way decks were put together hundreds of years ago--they were commissioned artworks by members of royalty and painted by local artists...and it got me to thinking...(I know, dangerous!)

I don't know who's familiar with the term ACEO...but these are collectible miniature pieces of artwork which are, by definition, standard in size (3-1/2" x 2-1/2" - the same as standard baseball cards. They are BIG on that most famous of all online auction places!)

[Anyway, by way of a disclaimer--as an artist in my "other life" I have in the past sometimes sold ACEOs, and in fact, have sold versions of tarot cards this way...as do many other artists! But I don't currently do this.]

I was thinking, however, that for personal use only, I might fabricate a deck by purchasing the artwork of others and laminating them individually. That way, I can buy/create a beautiful deck with cards that really speak to me. ..one at a time as I can afford to in a labor of love. Not only will I have original art, but I'll be putting together something I can use for my readings!

It may end up costing a lot of money, but it will be a one-of-a-kind deck that will speak to me personally. Copyright law necessitates that it will be for personal use only, but that is what I'd use it for, anyway.

Just thought I'd share this idea I had...

Arania

That is a wonderful idea.

I've done so with pictures I like, myself, a tarot and an oracle, which is only for personal use as well of course. My very first of those already fell apart and is lost in time, it was actually made from small reprints of art from the museums I had visited.

FearfulSymmetry

What the heck are ACEOs?
Art Collection Entertainment Objects?
All Collaged Ebay Orders?
Anti-Credit Edit Orbs?
All Critters who Eat Oreos?
Ace freeleys Crappy Enzime Olives?
Active Crapper Elf & Ogres?
Apple Chomping Ermine Offer?
Artificial, Crass, and Eating Oxygen?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Alta

It would appear to mean
Art Cards Editions and Originals

Go on eBay and type in ACEO. I got 6100 plus items coming up. They seem to be small original paintings.

FearfulSymmetry

Marion said:
It would appear to mean
Art Cards Editions and Originals

Go on eBay and type in ACEO. I got 6100 plus items coming up. They seem to be small original paintings.

Oh my gosh, I did and I feel a new obsession coming on. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I already have about 10 zillion ideas!

Chronata

starrystarry...
what an awesome idea!
A whole deck of cool images...from various artists would be wonderful!
Especially since you can get many for only a couple of dollars...

Just make sure you don't get too many overly embellished ones!

I caught the ACEO bug shortly after making my Minute deck...and I also am a member of many ATC groups including a new pagan one!

(ATC stands for Artist Trading Card...like the above ACEO's except you swap them with other artists instead of selling them!)

I like that there are so many to choose from too!
Now I want ot go looking through E-bay again...