An AWESOME Tarot Weekend

fadestoblackk

I just came back from an all weekend school trip.

I must have done 30+ readings on Friday night. I read for almost everyone who came on the trip at least once.

And they were good readings too. Granted, sometimes I got duds but we would just re-shuffle and try again. And everyone went away going "wow".

I used my Victorian Romantic for all but a few. I thought that I didn't like it when I got it, but when I started really reading for people with it, the meanings would just fall into place. They just created the whole picture for me.

I just had a blast and wanted to share. All weekend I couldn't wait to come home and write this to thank you guys.

Peace

AJ

Cool Beans! Thanks for sharing~

Little Baron

I wasn't connected with the Romantic to begin with.

Would you say that practice and a lot of use helps open it up?

Am interested in how you bonded with this deck.

LB

fadestoblackk

Well I find it, first of all, a practical deck to use when reading for high school students. Things that seem scary in other decks--death, the devil--especially to people who know little or nothing about Tarot, are not so threatening in the Victorian Romantic--the Swords are not as depressing looking, though, the partial nudity in some cards could present a problem although I didn't have any issues with immaturity while I was reading.

As far as bonding with the deck, I had the same issue as you, LittleBuddha.

It was really by accident that I had such a good time with it. I probably would have chosen to use my Llwellyn if it wasn't that my Victorian Romantic was in my coat pocket and the rest of my decks were packed.

I don't know exactly what it was that started connecting me to the Victorian. I still don't think I would use it for personal readings, but when reading for other people, it was excellent for reading intuitively. Because the images aren’t traditional R-W-style, I could focus less on the precise meaning of the card and more of the feelings the card was invoking and it’s relationships with the surrounding cards.

The Victorian Romantic are so open-ended that I just let the ideas flow from me.

If reading intuitively isn’t your thing, LittleBuddha, I don’t know what to tell you. They are a hard deck to connect with. I still don’t know how I feel about them. Like I said, I don’t think I would use it for reading for myself—I don’t like it that much—but in comparison to my other decks that I tried using that day (Raider-Waite, DruidCraft) what I was able to get out of my Victorian Romantic was far deeper and more accurate.

Do you use it for personal readings or have you used it for other people and why do you think it is so hard for us to connect to, LittleBuddha?

SarahRose

Very awesome! I've had some great tarot days/weekends too. It's fun! :0