Any interesting realizations/lessons from drawing a card a day?

lotus2blossom

For the longest time I was drawing three cards every Sunday to summarize my week and now for the past two weeks I've been drawing a card Monday-Friday and now Saturday and Sunday as well.

I've found the results very interesting. In fact, I feel like my associations with the cards have been changing since I've been doing this because the result of that day isn't typically what many may suspect would happen.

So, to give an idea of what I mean, here's some reflection over the cards I've had later this week (FYI I'm using the Angel Tarot deck with this):

Wednesday: 3 of Earth -- What I noticed this day is that with my part-time job I worked with a co-worker during my job rather than individually like I normally do. I also did some work with one of my classmates on a class project that we have coming up. And yes, I realize that what happened for this day was kind of to be expected with this card, but these next few get better...

Thursday: 3 of Air -- I was worried when I saw this card come up on Sunday because I immediately thought "Oh shit... what bad thing is going to happen that's going to upset me?" Actually, I didn't even find myself upset. Rather, I woke up that morning VERY tired and feeling a bit sick, so I took the day off work and, basically, lounged and did nothing all day. I basically just gave my body and mind the rest it was really needing.

Friday: Knight of Air -- I went back to my part-time job and though I realized that I missed my acupuncture session, I did get a lot done in terms of planning and getting other material later in the day. In fact, I actually started randomly working on my taxes at like 9 PM. lol I also found myself doing a lot of reflections over what I've been doing with this business that I'm trying to start.

Are there any interesting observations that you've made by drawing a card for each day of the week? I feel like it's a good way to really get a deep understanding of the cards. I'm just intrigued to see what others have observed by doing this! :)

rwcarter

A few years ago when I was studying Barrett's Ancient Egyptian Tarot, I pulled the 3 Swords which shows a couple. The naked man is standing in a doorway with his back to the window and the naked woman is sitting on the bed apparently crying. Took me the longest time to make the connection between that card/image and my day. I finally remembered that I was having a disagreement with a co-worker about something and he just wasn't getting it, so I effectively turned my back on him (it may have been an IM disagreement) just like the guy in the card had done.

I think a card a day is a great way of developing that special relationship between reader and their deck. It's one way we get those "this card traditionally means X, but I've seen it mean Y" interpretations.

Rodney

AJ

reviewing your card of the day later is a wonderful exercise in gleaning just how different a card's meaning can be and still be true to the basic keywords.

What I've learned over 8 years of card of the day on my blog, is the same thing only in different :) Choosing what that card means in that specific moment of the day.
For instance I've drawn the Wheel 47 times...and I can guarantee you each of those blog posts speak of a different nuance of the card.

I can only do it 'in the minute' though, fortune telling isn't my game.

lotus2blossom

A few years ago when I was studying Barrett's Ancient Egyptian Tarot, I pulled the 3 Swords which shows a couple. The naked man is standing in a doorway with his back to the window and the naked woman is sitting on the bed apparently crying. Took me the longest time to make the connection between that card/image and my day. I finally remembered that I was having a disagreement with a co-worker about something and he just wasn't getting it, so I effectively turned my back on him (it may have been an IM disagreement) just like the guy in the card had done.

I think a card a day is a great way of developing that special relationship between reader and their deck. It's one way we get those "this card traditionally means X, but I've seen it mean Y" interpretations.

Rodney

Interesting! Yeah it's definitely helpful in developing this relationship with your deck. You can kind of see the various "layers" of what each card can represent.

lotus2blossom

reviewing your card of the day later is a wonderful exercise in gleaning just how different a card's meaning can be and still be true to the basic keywords.

What I've learned over 8 years of card of the day on my blog, is the same thing only in different :) Choosing what that card means in that specific moment of the day.
For instance I've drawn the Wheel 47 times...and I can guarantee you each of those blog posts speak of a different nuance of the card.

I can only do it 'in the minute' though, fortune telling isn't my game.

Ha! That's interesting over how it's never really the same thing twice. That definitely really shows the depth in meaning!