Archetype Cards

Princess_Lucy

Hi everyone

I recently came to own a deck of Archetype cards... has anyone heard of, or own some of these? I'm having difficulty getting my brain around them!

Love
Princess Lucy

Alta

You mean the Caroline Myss deck?

I bought those as well, because at the time I was so enamoured with her books. I absolutely could never figure out what to do with the cards. I was told that there is now a kit, with a paper to lay out to show where to put the cards and how to understand them. I didn't buy the kit because I was pretty disappointed with the cards.

I think she does not mean them to be used like an oracle. More you look through them to help you develop her system, which is about archetypal energies which are active inside you. If I recall now, there are supposedly 12. I tried to do this two summers ago with the book and never figured out more than 6 or 8 despite some serious effort.

Princess_Lucy

They're the ones! I'm so very lost with them (sort of given up, actually). A pity, because I really love the way they look and everything! I had such high hopes

FaeryGodmother

I have the deck and I've used them in an oracle sense. I must admit I don't do it often because they are really hard to shuffle :D. However try drawing a daily card asking "what archetype with be a play in my life today?" That is very cool and pretty darn spot on. Also, they work brilliantly in relationship spreads. And of course my favourite spread the Harsh Truth.

As for how to read them my friend and I differ on this. She lays three of those 'blank cards' with light at the top and shadow at the bottom, then draws 6 cards, three above for light attributes and three below for shadow. This works well for her and gives her an idea of where shes goin well and where she's not. Personally, I see shadow and light intermingled, so I just read both aspects. Its usually fairly obvious which side the archetype is working through but I like to read both so that i know what to watch out for in traits that i think are "good" or how I can transmute traits that are "bad".

Hope that helps
love
FGM

Alta

sounds good to me....

and where were you two years ago when I needed you :) lol

I should haul out my neglected deck and give your ideas a try!

zorya

i use mine in a similar sense to fairygodmother. most often i use them to give me insight into my own behaviors and thoughts.

usually i pull two cards. i might ask what aspect of myself (or another) is in play and benefiting a particular situation. then i usually pull a second card and ask what aspect is hindering the situation (for this card i read the shadow aspect).

i've found them to work really well in analyzing the dynamics of a relationship. for this, i usually make up spreads on the spot, with such things, as what does the relationship need, what is hindering it, how does so and so see me... etc...

comparing the archtypes pulled of two or more people, often tells alot. some would appear to be more compatable than others. sometimes, the roles we play are pointed out.

olivia1

zorya said:
i've found them to work really well in analyzing the dynamics of a relationship. for this, i usually make up spreads on the spot, with such things, as what does the relationship need, what is hindering it, how does so and so see me... etc...

comparing the archtypes pulled of two or more people, often tells alot. some would appear to be more compatable than others. sometimes, the roles we play are pointed out.

sorry if this is a dumb question. I have read the other posts (on this thread and the main one) but I am still lost. So will someone please tell me (in a simple way that I can understand because I am slower than usual today ;) )if it is safe to say that this deck would work great for *any* type of interpersonal question (i.e how a meeting will go between two people, what person A will think of person B, why someone is acting a certain way ect)? thanks

psyphy

Princess_Lucy said:
I recently came to own a deck of Archetype cards... has anyone heard of, or own some of these? I'm having difficulty getting my brain around them!

Hi,
they are an integral part of Caroline´s own system of working with her concept [and ideosyncratic selection] of archetypes. I highly recommend her book "Sacred Contracts" [reviews on amazon] to get the idea what those cards are about.

Kashi

ncharge

olivia1 said:
sorry if this is a dumb question. I have read the other posts (on this thread and the main one) but I am still lost. So will someone please tell me (in a simple way that I can understand because I am slower than usual today ;) )if it is safe to say that this deck would work great for *any* type of interpersonal question (i.e how a meeting will go between two people, what person A will think of person B, why someone is acting a certain way ect)? thanks

I don't think these cards lend themselves to that type of question. They are really focused on self-analysis. You could use them to gain insight on the motivations of one person (your last question), but I really don't think they are particularly suited toward questions like the first two you listed.