Arcus Arcanum

Freddie

Greetings,

I had a very hard time finding this one. Does anyone here know if the English version is out of print? I have always wanted this..looks like a nice mix of Pagan and Judaic-Christain symbolism. I like the backs on this one.

I like most of the the images (cool fool and hermit...love that cat in Fool card) and the size is ideal for myself and sitters.

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/122/Arcus_Arcanum#

Any fans of this deck care to please share? Anyone here have the book on this deck?

Thanks and everyone have a lovely day,

Freddie

Le Fanu

I have this deck. I like the name more than the deck :) They bagged a really good name, didn't they? Sounds like the name of a spooky Grimoire...

I bought mine at a clearance sale in the UK in January. I don't know if that means it is OOP, although I did pick up a few other OOP decks at the same time.

I think it is a nice deck, but I have never used it. A bit too Dan Dare in he artwork for me. When I first opened it, I meant to use it regularly, but other, nicer decks have come along. You know how it is. But sometime I go back to decks, so who knows, I may come back to this one.

There are some nice images in there, though. I think of it as very much a bloke's deck! :)

karen0205

The deck is not out of print and there is an English version of the deck. No book in english, just German unfortunately. Unless you can read German, which I can't!

It's a great deck, I just found it myself when checking out the link to compare decks that someone posted. I got the deck and really like it. The little white book is rather large and written well so it's ok to not have a companion book. It would be nice to see why they used certain colors, etc. but its ok.
I really like it and I'm happy I got it. The artwork is sort of old fashioned looking which I like. I don't like the antique decks but I do like the older style if that makes any sense!
Great deck for readings, no nudity or violent cards, nothing that would make someone gasp!
The deck is produced by AGMuller so the cardstock is nice and not shiny.
No smell that I could notice.

If you are looking for a copy, let me know.

Freddie

Good info. Thanks!!!!

I should have bought the German version..on one page card it says 'STAB PAGE'. Lol.......

freddie

Mojo Twin 2

Hey there. I have discovered the importance of finding a deck that speaks to you. The Arcus deck is one of the cards in my comparison site so I've seen many of the cards. I thought "wow - superman in tarot card form!" One of the females in the cards actually looks like Wonder Woman! For me, however, I wouldn't be able to get past this. I'm more than happy to embrace an offbeat deck (I have Fey and Deviant Moon). But since I am a dyed in the wool geek at heart this deck would probably not work for me. I'd be reading and thinking of Wonder Woman and her lasso of truth....... oh my ...... hmmm

Okay, I'm better now

alec...

karen0205

Freddie said:
Good info. Thanks!!!!

I should have bought the German version..on one page card it says 'STAB PAGE'. Lol.......

freddie
I should have clarified that the English edition still has the card titles in German.
It's the lwb that's in English.
I like the German titles, they're not hard to figure out.
I think it adds charm to the deck that it's in German since the deck was
drawn and created by someone who's German.

Like the Swedish Witch, I like the Swedish titles.

shadowdancer

I do have this (with trimmed off borders) and find when I do use it (which isn't often) it reads surprisingly well

It isn't on my desert island list, but nor would I trade or sell it.

An okay deck really

Davina

Morwenna

Mine has English titles. And there's nothing wrong with them! I can't find a date on the cards, box, or LWB, but I know I've had it more than a decade, maybe about two. (Some of the translation in the LWB seems a little awkward, though.)

And I love this deck. I haven't actually read with it, but I've studied it and meditated with it and made little stories with it and all those other good things that authors are always telling us to do. I love the images, the symmetries, the artwork (so what if it looks comic-bookish! I used to like comic books before they got so weird!). And in spite of all those who consider it a man's deck, this Woman sure appreciates it! :)

Freddie

I quite like Tarot in a different language than I speak, but I am dubious about buying a deck from a site I that I can't read. I could end up spending way too much and not knowing it lol...... I have a German 'Tarot Classic' and I have a Marseille (Fournier) as it should be in French.

I pretty much am a Marseille reader, but I'd like to find a modern type deck I can use easily as well. I can read Waite, Hanson-Roberts and Morgan Greer ok, but something always seems to be lacking. This deck looks quite firey and with it, despite the hairstyles lol... then again look at those marseille hairstyles lol...

freddie