AT personal Crone Majors?

AJ

Let me preface my post by saying I don't read any of the long threads here, SOOD, or Flotsam, or any of the trains, or Frankendecken, I haven't got time to keep up with them...maybe someday...
So I know I couldn't keep up with or guide a deck creation thread.

But I know from shorter threads here, both the published Crone deck and croneing in general there is a lot of interest in the concept/subject.

Do you think it would be feasible to design our own AT Crone majors deck?

I'd be glad to assist but can't be trusted to be here enough to guide a thread or suggest materials and sizes.

What do you think? Is anyone willing to take on a project like this?
If so, I dibs the moon card :)

Or as a second option which I like even better:
An ongoing thread sharing what each of us came up with for each card of
our own personal one of a kind set...maybe like a deck study thread with the main overview thread and sub threads as we shared what relation each major has to our personal journey of Cronedom? I'm not an artist, but I think something like this would enrich us muchly on our journey.

And be here for anyone to work from for years to come, as opposed to a deck with a beginning and and end thread.

Lets talk.

Is deck creation Subscribers only? I hope not...

AJ

If we went with the second option it would be fascinating if our gentlemen joined in with their own version...

And would all the majors be Crone or would we choose to make our set Maid/Mother/Crone? I do not have children but there is a great recent thread here on what Mother means in the journey.

Cat*

I remember only all too well how much work the creation of the A. Nonny Mouse Tarots was, so I also know I have no capacities to run such a creation thread.

But I would love to contribute a card (the Devil and Temperance both inspire me spontaneously), if not-yet-crones are welcome to participate.

Rootweaver

HPS card

I would also love to contribute to the creation of an AT Crone deck. I'd like to reserve the High Priestess card please. However, I too do not have the time to co-ordinate a project of this nature... But would love to assist or contribute if someone decides to run with it?

GryffinSong

I don't know how I missed this!!!

I like either idea, but am more inspired by the idea of each creating a personal deck with the advice, support and encouragement of the AT community. We could talk techniques, images, dreams ... it would be awesome!!! :heart:

I'm willing to contribute to either idea, but like you folks, am too swamped with life to take on organizing a big swap. A creation thread would be easiest because no one would have to ride herd over addresses and schedules and all that. On the other hand, I wonder whether we'd build enough momentum to actually be able to help each other.

Perhaps, AJ, we could start a creation thread. And since you mention the gentlemen and maiden/mother/crone concepts as well, maybe we simply say that the idea was inspired by croning, but that it can be any life cycle at work?

I'm getting a couple of ideas already. :)

AJ

Hi Karen, there obviously wasn't enough response to create something here, but I've been making the (poorly drawn) cards on my own and have about 9 or 10 finished. It has been a self-enriching process as putting pencil to paper brings out things I didn't know I was thinking. It is actually a private process better worked out on our own I think.

Go for it!

GryffinSong

Hi Karen, there obviously wasn't enough response to create something here, but I've been making the (poorly drawn) cards on my own and have about 9 or 10 finished. It has been a self-enriching process as putting pencil to paper brings out things I didn't know I was thinking. It is actually a private process better worked out on our own I think.

Go for it!

Ok, thanks! I'm glad it's working well for you, and if you're willing, perhaps you'll post some pics at some point? :heart:

I've been thinking about using collage, perhaps mixed with drawing and painting. For the Chariot card I'd like to find a way to express my five years of RV travel. And I partook of a Grandmother's sweat lodge out west that has to go in there somewhere. Just having read this, I'm just starting to think of ideas. But it's definately percolating already!!! So, even if the group didn't take off, thank you for sparking these ideas in me. :heart: