Blue Owl Lenormand

Emily

I bought my first Lenormands a few years ago but I tried to get one with the English verses on, I knew it was the Blue Owl Lenormand but I just couldn't get a hold of one.

A couple of days ago I was looking around on Amazon and they have them in now so I thought I would post on here. Until it came, I wasn't sure if it was going to have the English verses on or not but it does.

I'm very pleased with this little Lenormand, the artwork is very attractive and, although some of the verses do seem a little strange, I'm glad I persevered and managed to get one with the English verses on. :)

The ISBN on the box isn't the same as the one on the Amazon UK site. This is the ISBN on the site :- ISBN-10: 1572817054 and also this one ISBN-13: 978-1572817050. Both for the same deck. :)

Le Fanu

Good to know. I bought one of these in the early 80s. I remember at the time it made Lenormand reading so accessible to me, but now I find the verses a little twee and they don't really jive with my way of reading. The meanings are so distinct and yet really, with the Lenormands, you have to think of the combinations. Something you don't get with these little rhymes so much.

Funny little verses though. Do they still have the little gilt corners?

Miss Divine

I have 2 Blue Owl Lenormands, but they both don't have verses on them. I only know of the Red Owl Lenormands that have verses on them.

Rhinemaiden

my 1970 blue owl has the verses on it...and the gilt corners

Emily

Good to know. I bought one of these in the early 80s. I remember at the time it made Lenormand reading so accessible to me, but now I find the verses a little twee and they don't really jive with my way of reading. The meanings are so distinct and yet really, with the Lenormands, you have to think of the combinations. Something you don't get with these little rhymes so much.

Funny little verses though. Do they still have the little gilt corners?

No, no gilt corners, I just checked to make sure. It also says on the Amazon website that this is a March 2011 printing, but the card stock is good, no heavy lamination.

Emily

I have 2 Blue Owl Lenormands, but they both don't have verses on them. I only know of the Red Owl Lenormands that have verses on them.

Well it was a little hit and miss with these - but I took a chance and ordered them as i didn't have a Blue Owl one, I don't have the Red Owl either but that search will wait for another day.  I have one with German verses on, I did try running a few of the verses through a translator but gave up LOL but most of my others have the playing cards on.

Emily

my 1970 blue owl has the verses on it...and the gilt corners

That's why I thought it worth putting the ISBNs on, there does seem to be two versions of the deck floating around. This one seems to be a new March 11 printing and they have done away with the gilt corners - I might search out later to see what the earlier versions looked like. But saying that, I'm happy with this little deck, the artwork is very old-fashioned and pretty.