Book: Maiden Mother Crone by Conway

Rhiannon

Anyone else read this? I've found it to be very educational and although, not quite as "fun" as some other books I do like it very much. It's really helping me to understand the Goddess and how I relate to her/them personally. Just wanted to see if anyone else cared to share.....

Rhiannon :)

slinky_jo

I really liked this book, but I got a lot more from her other (companion?) book, "Lord of Light and Shadow" - an in-depth look at the Pagan God, and the roles he plays in myth and legend etc - worth a look, Rhiannon! :) It helped me deal with the male side of spirituality, which I had been avoiding.

faunabay

I got this book and had a hard time getting through it - haven't even finished it. I have some of her other books and like them alot. But this one is not as easy to read. It feels kind of thrown together somehow????? And I'm not even sure why I feel that way. ???

Rhiannon

I totally get why you feel that way, faunabay! It's the "Goddess Myths from around the World" thing. When you get to that point it's all just a jumble! Sometimes there's a whole story about a Goddess, usually one most people know already (Persephone & Demeter) and other times there's just a short sentence: like "so and so was the Creatress." It does make for difficult reading, not a very good flow.

And thanks slinky_jo. I'll have to get a copy of the book you mentioned. Another one by Conway that I like alot is "Moon Magick". Lots of really terrific stuff in that one.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Rhiannon :)