Books and Tarot Decks

FourLeafClover

Are there any other Bibliophiles here? Which books, or series of books, do you think would be good for inspiration for a tarot deck?

I would love to see (or create, if I ever learn to draw ;) ) decks based on
Tamora Pierce's Tortall Books
Terry Pratchett's Discworld Books
Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials Trilogy
Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake books
Garth Nix's Sabriel or Seventh Tower books
Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody books

Any other ideas?

Edited to add: Look, I'm a Citizen now! Lookit my pretty new avatar... :cool:

Imagemaker

I haven't read any in years, but how about the Redwall series? Or (LOL) the Wodehouse books with Jeeves and the pre-War Brits :) What a combination that would be!

HudsonGray

I was under the impression that Philip Pullman's Dark Materials books were being made into a tarot deck. Thought I saw it posted somewhere online....

But for me, a Monty Python deck would be wonderful! Ace of Spam!

FourLeafClover

Redwall's DEFINATELY a good one, with Martin's sword as the ace of Swords. And Brother Methuselah as the Heirophant, maybe, and Matthias as The Fool. Ooh, Cregga Roseyes would make a good Justice... *wanders off, reliving her literary youth*

Merenwen

A second vote for the Discworld books. I'd love to see a Tarot set based on those, especially if done like the images you sometimes get in the back. I think it's the same artist that does the cover, but I can't remember his name!

Sidhe-Ra

John Kirby, who sadly passed away a few years ago- not sure who the new artist is...

keeks

I think that Lloyd Alexander's Taran series (often remembered for the 2nd book, black cauldron) would be perfect for this kind of thing. Taran is the fool in the first book, and he goes through all of the stages through the series, to end up with the princess and the prize.

Jesii

Loving the idea of of a Jeezes and Wooster tarot, or the Nix series, although the hard bit would be which series you want most! Sabriel, Keys to the kingdom, or Seventh Tower???

I would also add a tarot based on Alexandre Dumas 'The Three Musketeers', 'Twenty Years Later', 'The Vicomte De Bragelonne', 'Louise de la Valliere' and 'The Man in the Iron Mask'. I think that would be amazing :D

cardlady22

C.S. Friedman's Coldfire trilogy
*Black Sun Rising
*When True Night Falls
*Crown of Shadows

Margaret Weis' Star of the Guardians series
*The Lost King
*King's Test
*King's Sacrifice
*Ghost Legion