Breaking the Cycle of Fear Spread (12 cards)

lalalibra

This spread has been very helpful for me in understanding how to heal myself from some difficult situations involving family members that have really tested my patience, but I imagine that this spread has the versatility needed for almost any situation that brings up whatever form of distress we may feel in response to our current situation or environment... Examples of such distress include anger, jealousy, anxiety, sadness, insecurity (lack of confidence), feeling like a victim, etc.

As humans, we're all susceptible to becoming entrapped in a cycle of negative reactions that do not coincide with our inner truth and the achievement of our highest potential in contribution toward the greater good within our lives and the world. I say "negative" because these reactions are draining. Rather than supporting love and integrity within our lives, these reactions often detract from our experience and perpetuate our suffering.

Our emotional baggage from the past and our way of thinking in the present are often tied to one another, and very much like a program we've left running, they may continue to operate until we identify the cycle, understand the root of our thinking/beliefs, and understand and observe our reactions well enough to break free from the painful, destructive cycles that need not enslave us any longer. Our emotions often reveal that which needs to be addressed within our own being. Getting to know our inner world is often the prerequisite to finding the best way to respond toward the external factors that we face. By making an effort to master ourselves, we step into being who we really deserve to be.

Working with this spread, we can reveal that which triggers the emotions and negative reactions, and the walls of belief that have been built within the mind or the subconscious as a result of (or even prior to) these reactions. By helping us to understand our fear and our suffering, we understand the importance of why we need to free ourselves and how to go about it.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much of this spread is inspired by the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr:

"God, grant me the SERENITY to ACCEPT the things I cannot change,
The COURAGE to CHANGE the things I can,
And the WISDOM to know the difference."

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, 'Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, 'Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.'
...And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between FEAR and LOVE. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one." ~Bill Hicks

With LOVE, I break the cycle of FEAR....

Breaking the Cycle of Fear Spread (by lalalibra)

1. FEAR - What is my fear? What is triggering my reactions?

2. EMOTION - What is the nature of my internal emotional state/reactions?

3. THOUGHTS/BELIEFS - What is the nature of my beliefs (or my projections) toward the external?

4. SUFFERING - How am I suffering from all this? What is the greater meaning or impact of this suffering? How is this reactive cycle taking away from my full potential of achieving the highest good within myself and/or the situation?

5. SERENITY - What would it truly mean to have serenity? What would serenity really be like or feel like in this situation?

6. ACCEPTANCE WITHIN - What to accept about myself?

7. ACCEPTANCE WITHOUT - What to accept about others and/or the situation?

8. COURAGE - What would it truly mean to have courage? What would it really be like or feel like to find this courage?

9. CHANGE WITHIN - What can I change about myself?
(It is likely that this will relate to choosing how to respond to your impulses to react negatively.)

10. CHANGE WITHOUT - What can I change about others/the situation?
(It's important to note that it's not as much about changing other people; rather, the application of our true power is centered in choosing how we respond to them.)

11. WISDOM/LOVE - Advice or guidance about making the distinction between acceptance and action, and to understand how they are actually in harmony with one another... This is what we truly desire in our hearts, underneath it all; underneath all the muddle of distracted thought and heavy emotional baggage.

12. OUTCOME - The potential outcome of what should be long as the wisdom is applied for you to align with your inner truth/potential.
(Card 4, Suffering, shows what will be/continue if you do not.)