*C for Creativity* Spread

Enlightenment23

Hello ;)

I'm a creative at heart; I write professionally, but I've dabbled in acting, singing, sculpting, drawing, poetry, radio DJ-ing (does that count?), dancing and more...

But it feels like I'm a jack of all trades, but a master at none. What is my truest art skill?

Thanks to fellow Aeclectic member VoodooGyal's spread, I can find that out :) (Rider Waite with Reversals)

Position 1: What is my art skill? Knight of Wands (clarified by Knight of Swords)
Position 2: Where do I need to focus on developing my art skill? Ace of Cups
Position 3: What will I gain from this art experience? 6 of Cups

Interesting how I picked up 2 knights! I'm getting a feeling of quickness and being on-the-go. These are the two fast moving knights -- one speaks of passion, the other is about thoughts/communication. The thing that comes to mind is travel writing/blogging?

I suppose the Ace of Cups is telling me to tune into my inner emotions and tap into my true passion -- figure out what really makes me feel emotionally content.

The 6 of Cups tells me that I will gain a sense of comfort and pleasure when I engage in this art form. :)

Any thoughts here?

velvet moon

re

Hi :)

the knight of wands in *this* position says to me that your skill is that you have many skills! it's a fiery restless card that does lack commitment however because your questions was 'what is my true skill?' i would say, the knight of wands is telling ou to embace that and to first just allow yourself to BE an artistic person, experience that identity without letting the worries of not being an 'expert' of one skill hold you back in self doubt. :)

aces are about wholeness and idenity. Ace of cups speaks of self affirmation to me, 'light attracts light' - this gives me the image of being at a party and gaining oppurtunities via networking because of self confidence, ex talking about what you do, what you love - again, embracing and being comfortable with the 'jack of all trades' could lead you into oppurtunities which will then guide you to your focus?

6 of cups - one word for me 'uninhibited' creative joy and full expression! so very positive goal and outcome, I'd say. just my reads though. Hope it helped :)

Sandalwood

You are very good with ideas. It has to be quick and inspirational, but it must not hold your attention or take up your time for too long. The knight can work with many disciplines as long it's creating renewal and a blast of energy and innovativity.
I also wouldn't tie myself down to one discipline but explore them as you feel like using it. I woukd expect you to be an excellent brainstormer and great on working on short term projects. This knight doesn't have 'sitting flesh'.

Enlightenment23

Hi :)

the knight of wands in *this* position says to me that your skill is that you have many skills! it's a fiery restless card that does lack commitment however because your questions was 'what is my true skill?' i would say, the knight of wands is telling ou to embace that and to first just allow yourself to BE an artistic person, experience that identity without letting the worries of not being an 'expert' of one skill hold you back in self doubt. :)

Hello! :) Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's true -- I do have many skills and you're absolutely spot on when you say I lack commitment. It's something I've been working on and it's the main reason why I'm a "master of none"; I don't have the patience to really sharpen one skill. I'm always distracted by the next shiny art form that comes my way. I will try to embrace that, though. I can't help but be who I am.

aces are about wholeness and identity. Ace of cups speaks of self affirmation to me, 'light attracts light' - this gives me the image of being at a party and gaining oppurtunities via networking because of self confidence, ex talking about what you do, what you love - again, embracing and being comfortable with the 'jack of all trades' could lead you into oppurtunities which will then guide you to your focus?

Well that's interesting. The Ace of Cups does talk about meeting new people that tickle your fancy -- so I could see myself at a party talking about what I love to do. I see art, though, as more of a hobby so I'm not looking so much for opportunities, but a support group or an art club would suffice :)

6 of cups - one word for me 'uninhibited' creative joy and full expression! so very positive goal and outcome, I'd say. just my reads though. Hope it helped :)

It is a very positive outcome. This is what I was trying to articulate in my opening post -- the 6 of Cups does exude a sense of uninhibited creative joy. Thanks! I appreciate this a lot :)

Enlightenment23

You are very good with ideas. It has to be quick and inspirational, but it must not hold your attention or take up your time for too long. The knight can work with many disciplines as long it's creating renewal and a blast of energy and innovativity.

Yes, I am very good with ideas. And you're right -- I tend to have the attention span of a 5 year old when it comes to focus. I call myself a blender head; I have all these ideas, but they always end up dissolving into nothing because I don't bother to make 'em real. I do need to feel sparks of energy, stimulation and passion in order to push an idea forward.

I also wouldn't tie myself down to one discipline but explore them as you feel like using it. I woukd expect you to be an excellent brainstormer and great on working on short term projects. This knight doesn't have 'sitting flesh'.

That makes sense. I suppose I would like to tie myself down because I do feel it's much better to sharpen one skill rather than juggle 4, but I think that it's simply in my nature to dabble in different things. I am a great brainstormer and I do really well with short term projects -- good call! Thanks a lot!