Can I have opinions please?

SilkSwirl

Hiya all,

This is my first post on here after lurking for a long time and registering not long ago.

I am in need of some opinions on this and I am sure this the best place.
I have made at least 3 sets of oracle cards but am struggling to decide what to place on them, i.e letters, pictures, words etc.
The ones that I have focused most of my time on is a rainbow version.

What I have in mind is to create a deck that is straightforward.
Whereas; the pictures for instance, would be newspaper = news and nothing else.
Erm...in Lenormand, card 6 is the clouds, so I have thunder & rain and then a sun card rather than it being two sided if you know what I mean?

When I first started using Lenormand cards, although helpful in part, there are and were a lot of confusing information from various different sources.

I know people have their own ways of "reading" and their own interpretations but I found this sort of information confusing and hard to put with my own readings and cards, so now read them my own way and that's the way I feel comfortable.

So, I thought if I created my first full deck with things like elephant, mirror, spider etc then for beginners or even 'Long in the tooth' readers it might provide a different aspect.

Now, I can hear you all saying "Get on with it!" :)

What I would like to know is,
When using your own oracle cards whether Lenormand or not, or buying a new deck, would you prefer to see a deck with pictures, words, numbers, letters?

I am just curious as I am so indecisive.
Apologies if I'm not making sense.
Thanks for your time.

Silk Swirl :) x

Babalon Jones

Pictures!

Sometimes numbers/words/symbols but it is all about the pictures for me.

SilkSwirl

Pictures!

Sometimes numbers/words/symbols but it is all about the pictures for me.

Thank you Babalon Jones, I am swayed towards pictures but wanted to draw them or create them myself rather than printing them you know.

What about colouring?
bold colouring or lighter like water colours etc?
I also have UV colours as well.

Thanks. :) x

Barefoot Fool

Thank you Babalon Jones, I am swayed towards pictures but wanted to draw them or create them myself rather than printing them you know.

What about colouring?
bold colouring or lighter like water colours etc?
I also have UV colours as well.

Thanks. :) x

pictures
it will be best if you use the coloring technique you love the best

Babalon Jones

I think as was mentioned coloring should be what style you gravitate towards and like to work with.

As for my personal preference it is almost always bright, vibrant, rich jewel tones rather than pales.

garmonbozia

What I would like to know is,
When using your own oracle cards whether Lenormand or not, or buying a new deck, would you prefer to see a deck with pictures, words, numbers, letters?

Pictures. I am not very familiar with many Oracle decks outside of Lenormand and Sibilla traditions, but what I wish there were more of are Lenormand decks that are pictures only. No numbers, no words, no card images, and if they were borderless, that would be even better. I feel that I own too many decks already that have numbers and cards on them. They really aren't all that different from each other so I don't know why I bought some of them. But Lenormand decks that are pictures only aren't that numerous and you might attract more interest with having something new to offer....and borderless cards are always more stunning to me. It's a shame they are not more commonplace.

moonlightpoison

How awesome that u've made your own deck, congrats!

I, personally, enjoy pictures on my cards, preferably with little or no boarders and minimal writing. Numbers are useful to reference cards ie- find their meanings in a little booklet and such, but apart from that I dislike it when other things take away from the illustrations.

However, the choice is entirely yours, and my ultimate advice would be to just go with what you like and what your guts tell you, because there will always be other people who agree or disagree with you. However, if you put your hard work and dedication into a deck that you "click" with and love, other opinions will cease to matter.

Anyway I hope that helped, best of luck with your project :)

SilkSwirl

First of all, apologies for not replying with thank you sooner, here in the UK, has been the hottest of the year and with all the Jubilee celebrations, things have been hectic.

Secondly, Thank you so much for everyone's replies, they are most appreciated.
It's nice to have a spectrum of response rather than a one sided opinion if any!

Ok, I have 4 templates.
1. Rainbow ones that are currently borderless and covered with crayon patterns.
2. Red border
3. Black border
4. 5 cm by 6 cm ones that are plain (I dug these out from me starting them a while ago)

I agree that there aren't enough full rich colour Lenormand and one's of that nature around, so I am going to do that or attempt to at least :D

When I am happy with them, I will upload them....I await honest opinions! :)
Saying that, having had a look around on here at the self created decks, I am up against some stiff competition :S

Thank You all again for your input...Have a nice day or night wherever you may be! x