Can you help me price my Stairs of Gold?

Amary

I want to sell this deck, but I am not really sure how much to ask for it. It's marked "US Games 1980" and does not have a box. It is in fairly good condition; the ten of swords has a small tear on the bottom of the card, and you can tell the deck has been shuffled a lot, because it has an arc in it.

Any suggestions?

northsea

Amary said:
I want to sell this deck, but I am not really sure how much to ask for it. It's marked "US Games 1980" and does not have a box. It is in fairly good condition; the ten of swords has a small tear on the bottom of the card, and you can tell the deck has been shuffled a lot, because it has an arc in it.

Any suggestions?

A lot of US Games decks have an 'arc in it' even if they haven't been used, sometimes if they're left in the shrinkwrap for a long time, but what I'm speaking of is a uniform curvature. Maybe your deck has something different.

Since it's loose with light damage to a card, I'd ask for something like $45 and lower.

Amary

Thank you very much!

Northsea, you described the curve in the deck perfectly. It's entirely uniform, and the cards themselves are rather stiff, not soft and broken in like many decks that get a lot of use feel.

I ended up giving the deck to my mother to list on ebay. She took in my niece, and it's put a lot of strain on her financially, so the profit she makes from the deck should help out, regardless of how much it is.

Thank you both for your help!

Tiggy-cat

Wow, very interesting, even though this thread is old. I had not heard of that website, it seems VERY useful. When I listed a deck on Etsy, I looked at Amazon and priced mine slightly lower than the cheapest deck there, for $130. I notice some of the ones shown on fetchbook were $180-$214. Wow!

Interesting, as I didn't especially like the deck but I guess it "speaks" to some people.