Cards to show you it is time to move on in job situation

Seventh

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there are cards that can tell you it is time to move on from a job situation? What are they for you?

I am still trying to make up my mind about a new job I have been offered vs. staying with my current employer and wait for another opportunity (but I am really, really ready to move on). I also feel that I cannot tell if one card is so much better than another - it may be my muddled energies, too.
I am looking at viii of cups (new job) vs vii of wands (stay longer). I know the new job will not have the creativity I want but other valuable skills to teach me so I might be moving on soon from there as well but there may also be layoffs soon in my current company. Is any one better than the other per se?

Thank you!

tarot_quest

Hi,

Could you draw one or two cards explaining the outcome if you stay to the current job and 1 to two cards if you get the new job? It might help to get the ''big picture''.

Or what will be positive and what will be negative (one card for each) if I stay vs if I get a new job. Then you could post your outcome in ''your readings'' or some difficult cards here.

I personally would see 8 of cups as: ''time to leave this place, I have to go, I learned what I had to learned here''. I also learned on this forum that 8 of cups rx is having difficulty to move on from a situation.

It's tough to tell for other cards since your intuition is very important, but devil might suggest that staying to you current job might be stressful/difficult.

7 of wands could go either way: fighting in a job and feeling that you have to battle to keep your place or on a positive note, it could say that you will have to fight and work hard in a job that you like (maybe to prove your skills and learn everything new).

To finish, changing job is always stressful and scary. Try to trust your intuition and that everything you will choose is for the best :heart:

Barleywine

I agree that there really isn't enough "meat on the bone" here to see any kind of development. But since it seems that you're seeing these more as "environment" cards than as "result" cards, I'll take a stab at it.

The 8 of Cups has always suggested "resignation" or "disappointment" to me, like the anticipated fulfillment still lies farther on down the road. As a "new job" scenario, it doesn't seem to offer much satisfaction.

The 7 of Wands implies having to stay "on top of your game" at all times; those who falter will be swept away ("laid off" would be a good analogy, especially if the management is intent on culling the staff). It looks like an "anxiety-making" situation for the "present job."

So it's a choice between less-than-ideal gratification but also less drama, or the constant stress of fighting the odds. On balance, the former looks more agreeable to me.

SarahJoy

I would like to know if there are cards that can tell you it is time to move on from a job situation? What are they for you?
The 8 of Cups comes immediately to mind, as well as the 6 of Swords.

Seventh

The 8 of Cups comes immediately to mind, as well as the 6 of Swords.

Thanks! But how would that relate to a job that has not started yet? That I would not stay long in that role?

SarahJoy

Thanks! But how would that relate to a job that has not started yet? That I would not stay long in that role?
It wouldn't relate to the new job. You asked what cards could indicate "time to move on." Both 8 of Cups and 6 of Swords can indicate that, for me. How things could work out in the next job is a completely different question.

Seventh

It wouldn't relate to the new job. You asked what cards could indicate "time to move on." Both 8 of Cups and 6 of Swords can indicate that, for me. How things could work out in the next job is a completely different question.

You are right.
Thanks for your reply.

Seventh

I agree that there really isn't enough "meat on the bone" here to see any kind of development. But since it seems that you're seeing these more as "environment" cards than as "result" cards, I'll take a stab at it.

The 8 of Cups has always suggested "resignation" or "disappointment" to me, like the anticipated fulfillment still lies farther on down the road. As a "new job" scenario, it doesn't seem to offer much satisfaction.

The 7 of Wands implies having to stay "on top of your game" at all times; those who falter will be swept away ("laid off" would be a good analogy, especially if the management is intent on culling the staff). It looks like an "anxiety-making" situation for the "present job."

So it's a choice between less-than-ideal gratification but also less drama, or the constant stress of fighting the odds. On balance, the former looks more agreeable to me.

Thanks, Barleywine. That is how I see it, too: Two options that are not ideal but the new job seems to offer a way out of the energy-sapping status quo. Hopefully, there will be something else soon.

Seventh

Hi,

Could you draw one or two cards explaining the outcome if you stay to the current job and 1 to two cards if you get the new job? It might help to get the ''big picture''.

Or what will be positive and what will be negative (one card for each) if I stay vs if I get a new job. Then you could post your outcome in ''your readings'' or some difficult cards here.

I personally would see 8 of cups as: ''time to leave this place, I have to go, I learned what I had to learned here''. I also learned on this forum that 8 of cups rx is having difficulty to move on from a situation.

It's tough to tell for other cards since your intuition is very important, but devil might suggest that staying to you current job might be stressful/difficult.

7 of wands could go either way: fighting in a job and feeling that you have to battle to keep your place or on a positive note, it could say that you will have to fight and work hard in a job that you like (maybe to prove your skills and learn everything new).

To finish, changing job is always stressful and scary. Try to trust your intuition and that everything you will choose is for the best :heart:

Thanks, tarot_quest. The thing is I just don't know what will happen in either scenario. I am aware of the downsides of the new option but at least, the position is a promotion. I am in a dead end street in my current job, I tried to change it but it is tedious and very small steps that are happening and I feel exhausted, too.