Celt Cross - Love reading

A101

In a love triangle, I am the losing side. Currently I am avoiding her, and will be avoiding her for a month or so. We might take a long spell from communicating with each other as well.

Anyway. Celtic Cross. RWS. No Reversals.

Question: What is going to happen romantically between me and M?

Present Situation: 2 of Pentacles. A balance has been achieved where we are no longer at each others throats. We have mutually agreed to not communicate with each other so our feelings can mend.

Cause/Obstacles: Queen of Swords. The reason why we stopped communicating with each other, was due to a lack of respect all round.

Best Outcome: 4 of Swords. I will eventually get over this whole circumstance and it will worry me no more.

Background: Ace of Swords. We have been fighting with each other, and we are both hurt.

Recent Past: The Sun. While we were fighting with each other, we also had some highlights, which I believe the sun is referring to.

Future Influences: 2 of Cups. We will eventually come together after our break with each other, and start communicating again.

Possible Answer: 10 of Pentacles. A possible way I can get through this downtime, is by focusing on building my material base.

Your Resources: 5 of Swords. I have been defeated, but am still in the race.

Feels/Hopes/Fears: 5 of Cups. I feel disappointed concerning the whole circumstance between us.

Outcome: The World. I have travelled a great distance with her, and there will be completeness of some sort at the end.

Vanchica

I'm sorry

this clearly is causing you the sorrow mentioned in the cards

I think the Outcome, The World is the start of a whole new chapter for you, preceding the charming, trusting, happy Fool and the adventure he will begin again as the cycle renews.

You are going to be OK. Be ready for the day the adventure begins again. Til then, I am sorry for your heartache

angelika

Obviously you know your own context and its complexities here so I have a few comments on cards which may work with your situation.

The Sun in the past here suggests to me revelation rather than happiness. If this is a love triangle then things may have come to light in the past. The Sun for me is often about shedding light on the situation.

The 5 Swords as resources suggests to me that you are still standing and can still carry on. In my card the background is of two figures who have lost and are going off the battlefield. This seems to be true for your context. There has been a 'fight' but you ARE still standing. So use this well - be selfish if you need to is what the card suggests is left to you. You are not really defeated completely.

I am surprised that the future is the 2 cups for the other cards would suggest that is not the case - with so many swords. I am inclined therefore to think that the 2 cups here are the other two in the triangle who are left standing.They are the couple. Your hopes and fears was the 5 cups and in that card there are two cups standing behind the figure and 3 knocked over. I could see a connection between these two cards for your context. This would also tie in with The World as outcome. Seeing you and her as the 2 cups might be wishful thinking here - but then maybe I am wrong as you are the one who knows your context. If you two are the 'couple' in this love triangle (as in married or the prime relationship) then this could well be the case.

I wish you luck. These situations (as I know myself!) are defeating, destroying and draining. You will need all the 10 pentacles you can get to make yourself feel better for now.

Best wishes
Angelika

A101

Thank you both.

Yes, I have been experiencing grief, as you both correctly noticed during the cards.

@Van - I do like your interpretation of The World being a whole new chapter. It is a pity that it may not be with her though.

@angel - Yes, The Sun is a good card for revelation rather than Happiness. Never thought about The Sun being interpreted in that manner before.

Five of Cups, linked to two of Cups, linked to The World, perfect interpretation. I am not apart of the Prime Couple, even though the Tarot a couple of months ago said I would be.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I have did many readings on the same topic, so this particular reading may have been a bit negative because of it.

angelika

Yes, I understand that in this situation you can end up doing many readings! But that becomes confusing.

Sorry that you are feeling grief on this matter. S/He isn't really worth it and you can do better with someone who will make you happy. Remember your best outcome: 4S - to heal yourself with rest. And advice as 10P is focus on your own foundations that make you feel secure: family, friends, the material stuff of life. Leave the cups behind for now....

LeFou

Just a wild guess but here's how I might read those cards, if I got them:

2 of Coins - Precarious situation, outcome uncertain. Is it love, or "merely" a sort of attraction? Is it healthy? Is it practical? Is it -working-? (Coins govern health, what is practical, values, etc.)

Queen of Swords - Problems due to (let's call it) criticism. This card shows the Yin (feminine) empathetic energy, desiring to connect, mixed with "mental Yang" (Swords) which tends to analyze, separate, split hairs, over-think. Sometimes these energies together can imply "biting, harsh criticism, knowing the vulnerabilities of the other" and it's not that healthy. True love is unconditional, not critical.

4 of Swords - You can see the Knight is in a cool, dark, lower level of a church. Things are calm, peaceful, quiet, contemplative. Maybe it says, "Chill, reflect, contemplate." Not a card of action.

Ace of Swords - As you say, fighting because hey, it's a Sword. Verbal conflict?

Sun - Too much Yang (masculine) energy. Not enough Moon (feminine, cool, dark, romantic, mysterious) energy.

2 of Cups - Relationships in general. Is this one of your first? The more we have, the more we develop, the better we get at "Libra" relationship energy.

10 of Coins - Surround yourself with what supports you (let's say). This is also a Yin (feminine) card of relaxing, not a card of bold, decisive action (like Ace of Swords). So we put our Sword away, and try to absorb, receive, relax, experience (rather than the urgent, mental "I've got to do this!" goal-oriented Yang energy).

5 of Swords - You have a good perspective on the "defeat." However, don't be too stubborn. If you are feeling a lot of Yang (which, if you are a guy under age 40 or 50, would be typical), redirect it somewhere else. maybe aim it where it will not come right back at you.

5 of Cups - What is disappointment? It's when the World doesn't meet our expectations. And that's due to us having (let's say) "impossible" expectations. What we can -imagine- or -feel- isn't always what naturally, organically happens.

World - World is Tao, the natural, organic outcome once we start flowing in the right direction. Here, "right" simply means that we see which way things are going, and we flow with them, rather than against them.

While Buddhists might say that the root of suffering is "desire," and that we should purge all desire from ourselves, the much more practical Taoists say, "Be realistic," look at the direction that something is going, and if you don't have the energy to (let's say) redirect the flow of a massive river, then don't. Go with it, go over it, go around it. But why go against it? Is it a waste of energy?

Life is energy, so if you can help it, don't waste it. And that is Enlightenment (one of the meanings of World). But that particular bit of wisdom tends to take a long while to learn, so in the meanwhile, maybe think about its other meanings, for example the Universe, and Eternity. This helps goal-oriented Yang enlarge its focus, its view, to be more mindful of organic, open-hearted Yin.