Clarification question

Vanitygrey

I'm a bit confused...

If I ask the cards: "how does Greg feel about Ann?"

And get : Lady + Tower + Star

Is the answer about how Greg feels about Ann (lady) or is about Ann's feelings?
That is, is the subject card (Lady) answering the question from Greg's POV or Ann's POV?

I feel like if I pulled Lord + Tower + Stars, this would be specifically about greg's feelings?

Thanks!

DownUnderNZer

You are asking about how the "male" feels not the "female". "Feelings" are one thing that some readers, like Steinbach, does not like answering. From memory she prefers to look at how others "see" another person rather than how they "feel".

"How do they "see" or what do they "think of......"

So with your cards it should be how GREG feels about ANN although "feelings" are a hard one to do with the Lenormand.

DND :)

I'm a bit confused...

That is, is the subject card (Lady) answering the question from Greg's POV or Ann's POV?

I feel like if I pulled Lord + Tower + Stars, this would be specifically about greg's feelings?

Thanks!

Vanitygrey

You are asking about how the "male" feels not the "female". "Feelings" are one thing that some readers, like Steinbach, does not like answering. From memory she prefers to look at how others "see" another person rather than how they "feel".

"How do they "see" or what do they "think of......"

So with your cards it should be how GREG feels about ANN although "feelings" are a hard one to do with the Lenormand.

DND :)

Nice! Very helpful. I will also change the question to "see" I agree feelings are hard to do with Lenormand.

Changing it to see also helps explain tower + stars better.

Thanks so much!!

Barleywine

I agree, although I use Lenormand for neither "feelings" nor "perceptions" since it seems most useful for "intentions" followed by "actions." I don't find it very "touchy-feely."

ThtDancerGuy

I'm a bit confused...

Thanks!

Vanitygrey,

Your issue with this is stemming from the fact that you are not sticking to your context. These cards are not talking about Ann's feelings for Greg because you did not ask about HER feelings, you asked about GREG'S. The Woman card showing up is Ann, it is not saying that now the reading is looking at how she feels. It is still about how he feels. If you ask a clear and direct question, the cards do not jump ship and answer another question. No. They answer only your question directly and clearly. BUT it is your job to read them within the context of your original question always. Do not stray from the context and do not answer anything more than only what you asked. How Greg feels about Ann: Woman (Ann) + Tower (reserved, confined, shy) + Stars (exciting, promising) = Greg most likely feels shy or reserved around Ann (Woman + Tower), but he is interested and wants to get to know her (Stars).

Vanitygrey

I agree, although I use Lenormand for neither "feelings" nor "perceptions" since it seems most useful for "intentions" followed by "actions." I don't find it very "touchy-feely."

Thank you for this explanation!

Vanitygrey

Vanitygrey,

Your issue with this is stemming from the fact that you are not sticking to your context. These cards are not talking about Ann's feelings for Greg because you did not ask about HER feelings, you asked about GREG'S. The Woman card showing up is Ann, it is not saying that now the reading is looking at how she feels. It is still about how he feels. If you ask a clear and direct question, the cards do not jump ship and answer another question. No. They answer only your question directly and clearly. BUT it is your job to read them within the context of your original question always. Do not stray from the context and do not answer anything more than only what you asked. How Greg feels about Ann: Woman (Ann) + Tower (reserved, confined, shy) + Stars (exciting, promising) = Greg most likely feels shy or reserved around Ann (Woman + Tower), but he is interested and wants to get to know her (Stars).

Ahhh... extremely helpful and insightful. Thank you!! Thank you !! I've been struggling with this and now I have a clear answer.