cleansing calcite

cricket

Anybody have any suggestions on it? My calcite scrying ball was sitting in it's usual place on the kitchen table, right along with everything else, and just... disappeared. I found it again today - outside almost buried in the mud - and brought it inside, but it has a very bad vibe about it now. It goes so far as to have an odd odor that it didn't have before.

Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but something's been lurking around the house lately, and has been hiding in the area of the yard where I found the ball, so I'm afraid it tainted it somehow.

SherryZoned

Burying in a potted plant...or without the plant...Blow your breathe on it....Wash it with distilled water...Let it sit in the sun or moon for a few days..Smudge it...Hmmm that is all I can think of.

Phoenix

Be careful when cleansing this stone with water because it can easily be damaged. It isn't a very hard mineral.

RAVENAL

An interesting story...and what the others have said is very good advice...when things like this have happened to me it's usually a time for me to rexamine my own beliefs and practices...a lesson and a testing of what may be behind it on many levels...so I would look at this as an opportunity for such a search...and learn whatever I could from it...the stones are always teaching me...

but if you are feeling uneasy... water is the universal cleansing agent...running natural water sources are wonderful for purifing anything and everything...very quickly...it's great if you could hold it in a stream or a waterfall or the ocean...because of its flowing energetically water does the cleansing very quickly and unless the temperature change is very great between the crystal ball and the water there should be no problem...

the balls are very crystaline in nature or they could not have withstood the tremendous pressures and heat necessary in the shaping process...but the process could have been damaging also and introduced fractures visible or not... that can fill with water and have the potiental to crack the sphere...if you do use water a little goes a long way and do not put the crystal into a sunlight setting for a few days ...this allows the crystal time to dry out so no heating of any residual water and the accompaning expansion that can also cause cracking...so too don't let it get too cold or freeze...so wait to put it into the moonlight...which is excellent for energizing scrying stones...and if using running water a mesh bag prevents the slippery crystal from slipping away and rejoining nature...

but if you don't choose water a clean fresh woodland setting in a place that has the energy you find comfortable is a great place to bury it into the earth...this type of cleansing takes longer than water because the earth element moves energy slowly...if it feels deeply polluted for you probably a week burried will cleanse and refresh it...

a faster way that I use often is the essential oil of frankinsense...the highest quality and theraputic grade...and only a drop is sufficent...you can use a drop in the palms of your hand and massage the crystal...I also then like to use rose which has the higest vibration energetically and brings with it universal love...same technique...this is where you could get creative and choose an oil that you especially like or has properties you want to use in your scrying...lavender is one of the best ...again same guidelines...

flower essences and gem essences are other ways to cleanse, purify and enhance crystals and our use of them...Pegasus Products is one of my favorite lines... especially like the combo elixers...starlight...inert gasses...pet elixirs...but have had great success with all their products...and another extrordinary line is the Star Flower Essences...but have used many others which are wonderful...these same techniques work just as well on us...have fun and good luck...

edit* www.pegasusproducts.com
www.staressence.com

cricket

Thanks for the responses. I'm just really leary (sp?) about burying or using water for this, since it already has quite a few cracks and inclusions that could split. Does anybody happen to know if cleansing it with salt would damage it?

Phoenix

Whay kind of cleansing do you mean? Energy cleansing, or physically cleaning it? If it is the energy one, then salt could work, but you might as well leave it in the moonlight, that geberally works for me. If it is cleaning it, then a damp cloth could work.

RAVENAL

salt cleansing

There was a time in my early use and study of crystals when I used salt...but it stripes the lattice structures within the crystal of information and vibration...and now I prefer to work with stones and crystals with all their energies intact...they are more alive and not sterile then...so depending on what you want ...and how you intend to use it... it could still work for you...in stripping the lattices it's like using blank paper...and the crystals directional and vibrational energy flows change or are lost...so is it's memory...this is an effective way to channel your own energy through a stone or a crystal...like putting vibrational essences into distilled water so as not to change their vibration...you probably would be ok if you burried it in a box of pure and natural sea salt...salt does absorb negativity...but it may not work as it did for you prior to doing this...

why not ask the stone...

cricket

Asking the stone would make sense. That's why I didn't think of it. *rolls eyes at self*

Right now I'm more worried about the energy cleansing, as most of the dirt and muck came right off after it dried. Some worked it's way down into the cracks of the stone itself and have been integrated, so will just have to stay there.

Guess I'll just wait for the clouds to clear off enough for the moon's light to be able to get through and see if that will work.

Thanks again! :)

rostie

hematite

i also heard that for cleansing hematite is very well, just put a rough stone hematite next to it, or several little ones...i didn't do it myself put planning to try it out, but at the moment i don't have a piece rough hematite so ;) have to get one yet...

RAVENAL

Good thought Rostie...I'm not familiar with using hematite that way but know of its use as a very powerful grounding stone...one of its purposes now has been the activation and connection of the chakra beneath our feet...the earth star...which is grounding us into a greater relationship/understanding with the earth and the cosmos...the earth is always cleasnsing and recycling for us...it is a legendary blood purifier and builder...so it's an excellent choice...

you could build a mandalla around the sphere with a collection of stones to assist and quicken the process...and add whatever other energys you would like to charge the stone with...if you have no hematite... quartz points facing inward would also clear it very quickly by directing their energy to and thru it and raising its vibration...but if you have a crystal cluster it does the same...just place the sphere upon it and add any other stones...amethyst. clear. smokey or citrine quartz come quickly to mind...or place it within a geode if you have one...it could also be accomplished with just kyanite...

if you have a pyramid this works very well...it's incredibally energizing and purifing...and imparts a protective energy to anything placed within it...it can be placed over anything you want to charge and raise in vibration...

about 5 years ago...a Native American Shaman and healer in Sedona told me I could be using a pyramid to aid me in the further activation of my clairaudence (clear hearing) and clairvoyance (clearseeing) which were moving into higher and more expanded levels at that time...he found me outside a large healing center and metaphysical store and just shared the information...

I was sitting up in the crook of a large tree in the parking lot... relaxing and cooling off ... settling and regenerating myself while my husband was inside looking at drums and crystals...etc...(Sedona is such a stimulating and activating power center its amazing... I highly recommend it to everyone) there was a large copper pyramid wired into the tree above my head...it was my first chance to explore pyramid energy and the tree was full of birds and chipmunks...they were very attracted to its energy so I thought I'd try it as well...

he said he could see what I was going through and then gave me such a perfectly true description of it that it astonished me...we talked about pyramids...healing...trees...the vortex's...etc... and he said I could use a pyramid to great advantage...it creates a vortex energy...use a material one or build one mentally and psychically over my head to accomplish the same thing...the angles were important... and it was something I might want to study further and use...so true...so true...might start a thread later...but I do now have a small copper one and have used it very successfully to clear and charge stones...