Collaborative Spread Creation #9 - The One That Got Away

rwcarter

I became a spread addict over the last few months which made me collecting many spreads here and on other resources. The desire to design my own start to grow more and more because it's a solution when you can't find a spread that fits totally. The only problem is that I truly have no clue how to start so I was hoping to get some help to learn the steps to make here.

I love spreads bases on movies or songs and been intrigued by a song of Katy Perry lately called "The One That Got Away". It's a song about a woman which is thinking about how her life would've been with her ex lover when things went different. You can check the song (and sad video) here Main question for the spread would be something like: How would life have been when things went different? It would be nice if the spread can be used for any focus, but not sure of this is possible..

Who wants to work on this spread with me?

I'll have to take another listen to the song with an ear to creating a tarot spread from it, but likely won't have time until tomorrow.

Tarot Fairy

Ah a new thread, I am happy to see that you want to help me; Thank you Rwcarter! Take your time, it is an exercise to learn how to create a spread, there is no rush!

rwcarter

Just listened to/watched the video a couple of times with an ear to phrases that could be used in a spread. Here's what I came up with (in no particular order):
  1. Summer after high school when we first met
  2. You were the one that got away
  3. On my 18th birthday we got matching tattoos
  4. In another life, I would be your girl
  5. In another life, I would make you stay
  6. Sometimes when I miss you I put those records on
  7. All this money can't buy me a time machine
  8. Can't replace you with a million rings
  9. I should've told you what you meant to me
  10. 'cause now I pay the price

As spread positions:
1 could be Beginning
2 could be Regrets
3 could be Present Reminder of What Was
4 and 5 could be If Things Had Been Different
6 could be Nostalgia About the Past
10 could be the Present

I have to think on 7-9.

Rodney

Tarot Fairy

wow, This looks interesting, So the first step is write down some important en useful sentences down and tweak them in positions..
It seems so easy as you did it , but it still feels like magic to me, I wouldn't know which sentences to choose, but what you did looks so logical..

I going to try to help you, but not sure if it will be helpful;
about 9; something that would have changed the way it went, what has made it to stay the way it was? like which mistake is made. but the problem is that it isn't always the best thing that things stayed the way they were.. so don't know how this also can be used positive; maybe you had the same problem.