cosmic tribe tarot

Logiatrix

any thoughts on this deck?
i'm just starting to get to know it...i've gotten past all the nakedness, and now i am finding it to be quite revealing (pun entirely intended).
:D
i'm hoping someone else out there has some experience with this deck to share, or if anyone else has their own opinions on it, i'm interested...

MeeWah

Metaz: I just love the artwork on this deck! I "stumbled" onto the artist's website a few years back & was instantly mesmerized! I've been using it for Daily Cards. I didn't notice that none of the people were clothed until I used it to do a reading for a friend. She was shocked at first, kept repeating: "But none of them have clothes on!" After her shock wore off, she decided she liked the deck & the reading went well :D
I like the concept of 3 versions of The Lovers card. I think I read differently with this deck because it is not a traditional deck; also, the court cards are Queen, Knight, Prince & Page which prompt me to reflect differently & to adjust associations.

kayne

I love this deck! I have been using it for about two and a half years now and find it really speaks to me. I really like the Minor Arcana as well as the Major because I find the meanings of the cards really obvious but still with all the symbolism required. I find that they reflect our modern lives in a wonderful way. Keep using and enjoy your deck!

MeeWah

I forgot to include that in this deck, Strength is 11 & Justice is 8, as in the Nigel Jackson deck & in Aleister Crowley's Thoth. Am accustomed to those cards being vice versa, so that takes some adjusting to as well.

Kimon

Hello,
I like this deck a lot, though I dont use it for readings. Mainly because the shown people (naked or not doesnt matter) are too real for me; I need something more symbolic. But I really think this is one of the major decks on the modern market. Especially the tower is a card that impressed me with its interpretation.
Greetings,
Kimon

Logiatrix

thanx for all the feedback!
the insights shared here encouraged me to further scrutinize these cards and REALLY acquaint myself with this deck... i tend to forget about detail, in my endless search for that "ultimate" tarot deck, only to end up discouraged.
thank you, tarot-kindred!

cSpaceDiva

I love this deck! It speaks to me more than any other, and is the first deck I can use without the book. I use it only for reading for myself. I just feel like it's a personal deck, and I don't want to have to explain it to anyone (see MeeWah's post regarding nudity). BTW, I use all 3 Lovers cards.

kayne

Hello all,
I am a little surprised that nudity is such an issue for people when using this deck. I think the people in this tarot are very tastefully portrayed and the clothing that has been used (eg. the gown worn by the character representing the Moon) has a purpose and enhances the meaning. This is an adult tarot deck but not one that should be descriminated against, especially when the symbolism is so powerful.