Create Your Own Oracle?

PisceanRedhead

Hello All,

After exploring other AT areas (ie: Tarot Deck Creation), an idea to create my own oracle hatched in my head. I know there has been mention of creating oracles for the creator's own personal use, but has anyone taken a deck so far as to market it to the masses?

I have a background in photography and creative writing and thought a marriage of the two could make quite a lovely oracle deck if done properly... the thought of creating a tarot deck crossed my mind as well, but I'm thinking that creating a 78-card deck, even a RWS clone, would be a rather daunting challenge.

I'm only beginning to get my feet wet in the world of oracles, but the more I study, the more I'm intrigued...So if anyone has any advice, suggestions, guidance, warnings, etc. that they'd like to share with regard to creating my own Oracle... it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
PR

MatPoint

Hi PisceanRedhead,

I started my oracle without thinking too much about it. I mean it is a hobby for me. I plan selling it in a small scale, obviously I'm not thinking of business at this stage, but in the joy of having my own oracle and actually use it. And in the mean time enjoying the process.

There are many ways you can approach all the different stages you need to go through. There is good information in the Deck Creation phorum here on tarotforum.net

It is difficult to get your deck published, but it is not impossible. You'll need to spend a lot of time sending your prototype to card publishers and they take their time, long, long, long time to answer that they are not interested in it or that your project does not meet their standards.

So, if you want to publish it quickly, the best option is self-publish, but it is expensive.

You can make a limited edition as most people do while we try to get it published.

I'm still working on my oracle, but when I finish I wouldn't mind helping others with the production process.

Ask whatever you want to know and I will gladly answer you if I have the answer.

You can see a few pics of my deck here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90358

Bernice

Personal Oracle deck.

I have 3 personal oracle decks and a possible fourth which I've
been designing on & off for the past 18 months. Never thought of
doing anything commercial with them - but it would be nice to have
professionally made cards. I laminate and trim mine one at a time.

Just seen MatPoints new Lenormand deck, good clear images and
colour, very appealing. I also have my own Lenormand deck with an
extra 4 cards (40 cards), one of which I can use to represent
Work/Job/Labour, or in certain combinations, craftsmanship etc.

Good Luck Mat!

Bee.

MatPoint

Hey Bernice,

Thank you!

Is there any chance I could see your oracles? I really would like to see them. I think that the most difficult thing is cutting the cards to make them not only nice, but the same size.

Mat

Bernice

Matpoint:

I sent you a PM re. the oracle decks.

Bee