Creating a deck from your fav cards...

NikkiB

Hi

I've been looking through my cards and quite often I have a very small amount of cards I really like per deck I am thinking of taking my preferred cards from the various decks, the cards that really work with me and making a complete deck of them.

Sizes are obviously different so maybe copying them and lamnating them to make a deck...

Has anyone else done this?

Pitfalls?

Nic

Alta

I am sure that I have seen that other members have done this. I think what they did was scan their fav cards, manipulate the images using software to get them all the same size, printing them out and even laminating them.

I would guess this has to be done with some care. One thing about collaborative decks, i.e. decks where a different artist did each card, is that getting a smooth feel within the deck is difficult. When the cards are laid out in a spread they may not mesh well. But I think you could do it.

Also may I draw you attention to two fun projects that we have going now where random left-over extra cards were gathered from a bunch of folks here and one is complete (see in Talking Tarot the Frankendeck threads) and the other is under construction here, Patchwork deck. Also fun though not exactly what you are talking about.

Alta

NikkiB

Yes its whether they would flow as a reading... would be interesting!

will come and have a look!