Creating a Group Tarot Deck

seakla

This can be done individually as well, but is fun if you have a Pagan group or a Tarot group:

Gather several magazines and have everyone sit and look through them, cutting out pictures that can be used as Tarot cards. Glue pictures onto card stock or index cards. Laminating the cards will help to preserve them. Interpretations can be written as a group effort, or the cards can be divvied up and each person writes their own interpretations for the cards they were given.

Of course, this is not a publishable deck but it is a fun project and can be used as a group deck. It might be easier to do an oracle-style deck so that you don't have to worry about suits.

(this is borrowed from the book "365 Tarot Activities" by Deanna Anderson~me~ which is available at Amazon)

Thoughtful

What a great idea thanks for posting this. This is a project l am definitely going to do, it will be so liberating to find images that speak to the intuition and that make sense. I often thought how lovely it would be to create a tarot/oracle, but not having the artistry or money to produce a professional tarot this has to be the next best thing. This is going to be good for my creative juices and will be a great project. To have my own handmade personal tarot deck will be such a joy. Why did l not think of doing this!
Thanks again :)

Edit: Will also look on Amazon for the book.

drwitz

I also particularly like Inspiration Tarot (by Gale Fairfield and Patti Provo) which is a workbook with meanings and spaces to design and sketch your own deck.

I love the idea of doing a magazine photo tarot. Inspiring!

Thoughtful

Thank you drwitz for another offering of creativity in the form of a book. I am really looking forward to making my own deck however long it takes me. What excites me is finding just the right pictures to express how l feel about the 78 tarot cards. Once that's done l will juggle the sizes around to fit the size of card stock.
Hopefully l will not make a pigs ear of it all :)