crystals for aiding sleep

star-lover

hi everyone, is there any crystal (or a selection) that will aid sleep and how would you go about using it

my sleep cycle has gone pear shaped last couple of days - been up since 12ish last night after 3 hours sleep and bad heartburn - went on the computer for a while - then tried a hot shower, tea, milk, water - nothing - it's as if the harder i try to sleep the more i stay awake though my body really needs more sleep

i've just remembered i have some lavendar in the garden - i know that will help - off to get some

thanks in advance x

*edit*
i've just noticed a sleep thread further down the page and read the suggestions but i don't have any herbal tea except raspberry and something

hematite was suggested - i think i have a small piece of this - do I just put it under the pillow?

Nina*

A green tourmaline should be great when you have troubles sleeping.

Personally I always sleep with a kunzite (under my pillow, yes), because it helps me relax in every way.

Tea (especially camomile with honey) is good, too.

Hope you'll get some good sleep soon. :)

SilverCloudedWolf

I've had insomnia on and off over the years, the crystals I use are amethyst, sodalite and rose quartz under my pillow.

I don't like hot drinks so I can't suggest anything like that, but other things that help me are: If I can't get to sleep I don't try to force myself as I get wound up which is the opposite of sleep so I get up and do something quiet like read.

Also, I have something nice yet boring to think about when I go to bed so I'm not concentrating on the fact that I'm not asleep yet, and it also doesn't matter if I fall asleep in the middle of thinking about whatever it is.

The next day, even if I've had little sleep I try and keep busy and positive otherwise I spend the day feeling rotten and headachy and yet by doing things and taking my mind off those things I feel much better, then when it's bedtime I feel well enough to sleep if that makes sense.

I found that doing things to induce sleep actually made things worse because it brought the tension of would-I-wouldn't-I sleep to the top of my mind again which made the whole thing worse.

Lastly I always used to crave sugar the next day but it really didn't help matters so I made myself have proper meals which helped all round.

It took me a long time to realise that it's not the end of the world if I only get 3 hours sleep and that I can function perfectly well with less sleep than I thought I could. But having got that into my head if I do get an insomniac night it's usually only a one-off now.

I don't know why this has struck you but I hope some of what I've said will be of help!!

Silver

star-lover

Nina* said:
A green tourmaline should be great when you have troubles sleeping.

Personally I always sleep with a kunzite (under my pillow, yes), because it helps me relax in every way.

Tea (especially camomile with honey) is good, too.

Hope you'll get some good sleep soon. :)

Thanks Nina, I will have a look at my collection see if i have those two. The shops are open again so will have to go and get some chamomile

star-lover

SilverCloudedWolf said:
I've had insomnia on and off over the years, the crystals I use are amethyst, sodalite and rose quartz under my pillow.

I don't like hot drinks so I can't suggest anything like that, but other things that help me are: If I can't get to sleep I don't try to force myself as I get wound up which is the opposite of sleep so I get up and do something quiet like read.

Also, I have something nice yet boring to think about when I go to bed so I'm not concentrating on the fact that I'm not asleep yet, and it also doesn't matter if I fall asleep in the middle of thinking about whatever it is.

The next day, even if I've had little sleep I try and keep busy and positive otherwise I spend the day feeling rotten and headachy and yet by doing things and taking my mind off those things I feel much better, then when it's bedtime I feel well enough to sleep if that makes sense.

I found that doing things to induce sleep actually made things worse because it brought the tension of would-I-wouldn't-I sleep to the top of my mind again which made the whole thing worse.

Lastly I always used to crave sugar the next day but it really didn't help matters so I made myself have proper meals which helped all round.

It took me a long time to realise that it's not the end of the world if I only get 3 hours sleep and that I can function perfectly well with less sleep than I thought I could. But having got that into my head if I do get an insomniac night it's usually only a one-off now.

I don't know why this has struck you but I hope some of what I've said will be of help!!

Silver

I will try those crystals as well Silver, thanks. You have described the problem to a tee - the more I tried to sleep the more wound up I got - the more wound up the more I just got up and looked at the computer, or a bit of TV, then back to trying again - then you reach the stage when you're hearing things but its only the boiler pipes LOL.

The reason this happened is that the day before I drank too much wine on an empty stomach (and it was quite an acidic one - plain house wine) - I then went to sleep it off around 8.30-9pm but woke up at midnight and couldnt sleep after that and of course the alcohol was still around my system and not having eaten much the day before I was feeling sick but couldnt be sick because there was nothing in there to come up

I did manage a few hours just trying to relax and I found I was starting to feel a bit better and I fell asleep finally for around 5 minutes, then the phone rang

So, first stop is that chamomile tea and those crystals and if it carries on I will have to go buy some brandy and have a hot bath - that should knock me out though I don't like the stuff very much

Sorry for the long post and your help - I'm sure it will be OK later on