Dario Fo Tarot

Eusebia

Or Tarocchi di Dario Fo by Dal Negro. A tarot by a winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. I wanted these since I first heard about them a few years ago just for the fact. Now I found that they are still (or again?) in print, and availiable from amazon.de . So now they are mine, and they look better irl than on all the pics online. The cardstock is wonderful, thick, slightly coated but not laminated to death, wit a beautiful linen structure. They are bigger than usual.

They seem to be a weird mix of fake renaissance art, satire and fun, I like it. Dario Fo is, among many other things comedian, satirist and a rebel. Sadly, I don't know that much about him and have never read his works, which are not too well-known in Germany. I'll remedy this soon.

In Wikipedia and such places, there is no word about him doing a tarot deck, the guide book is not verbose at all. So it is hard to find out anything specific about these cards. Does anyone know more about this deck? Has anyone worked with it?

I'm in the process of getting to know the cards, but I'm far from being able to read with them.

rwcarter

I have it. I thought I'd done a reading with it, but I can't find it either in the Exchanges forum or in my own files. I know I haven't looked at the deck in a long time though. (The curse of having too many decks and not enough hours in the day.)

cSpaceDiva

I was attracted to these cards off the bat, though I have never read with them. There is a lot of energy and movement in the cards, like Renaissance art brought to life. I like the texture, too.

As far as the companion book not being verbose, that is an understatement. I giggled a couple times when I was reading, such as, "From now [The Emperor] onwards I shall leave out the negative meanings for obvious reasons," and, "Well, it would take too long to explain myself better..." I wonder if the books that are mentioned for further study (p. 82) would be helpful?

rylla

DELETED - as I mixed up and was commenting about Tarot Diario and not the Dario Fo! sorry.

Tarotwolf

The Dario Fo Taracchi set must have a good companion book; it's the only companion book specifically noted in the miscellaneous notes section of my catalog - "The Dario Fo Taracchi set book has really good definitions/meanings for the 21 majors". I remember writting the note but am curious to see if I still feel the same. I think I'll check it out later.