Death and Devil? - In "Lovers" reading

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I have done for a friend the rather lovely and useful spread suggested by Rachel Pollack in "Tarot Wisdom" titled the "Lovers reading".

The last question asks what Love can give the querent (in this case, my friend).
The answer I got was the Devil and Death. So should I read here that Love will give my friend an unhealthy relationship?? What a great gift that is/would be!?!

rwcarter

Mse, I think it's safe to assume that the spread is looking at the good that love will bring. So in that case both the Devil and Death need to be looked at positively.

The Devil could represent a person on whom she could become dependent, which could be a positive think for a very independent woman or a woman who's had bad luck with relationships in the past. As the Devil has a lust association, love with the right man might kick her libido into high gear (assuming it's not there already ;) ) If it helps, you can read the Devil as more reversed, so love may help her confront her fears or release her from that which has kept her bound.

Death could represent love that transforms her entire being and character or the beginning of a new chapter in her life.

Rodney

Midsummereve

Mse, I think it's safe to assume that the spread is looking at the good that love will bring. So in that case both the Devil and Death need to be looked at positively.

The Devil could represent a person on whom she could become dependent, which could be a positive think for a very independent woman or a woman who's had bad luck with relationships in the past. As the Devil has a lust association, love with the right man might kick her libido into high gear (assuming it's not there already ;) ) If it helps, you can read the Devil as more reversed, so love may help her confront her fears or release her from that which has kept her bound.

Death could represent love that transforms her entire being and character or the beginning of a new chapter in her life.

Rodney

Hey Rodney :)

My first thought was actually Love would free her from an unhealthy relationship... but then I read a few threads on the Forum where people talked about this particular card combination, and then I changed my mind... You are right, the context here is positive, so I should not have paid too much attention to those threads that leant towards the negative meanings of these cards...

Thank you, as always
(and you know who recommended "Tarot Wisdom" to me)

rwcarter

and you know who recommended "Tarot Wisdom" to me)
So much has happened since then that I completely forgot about that! Hope you're enjoying the book. I thought about doing readings based on the spreads in the book, but that never happened.

Laurelle

I see a lot of great, mind altering sex.