Decks for iphone?

redflash

I have a few tarot deck apps on my iphone and am just about to download the Goddess Tarot app aswell, I've only just seen it in itunes.

One deck I would absolutely LOVE to have on the iphone is Poppy Palins' Waking The Wild Spirit Tarot. I love it, it gives me beautiful readings. It gives me a feeling of serenity just looking through it.

So it got me thinking....what decks would other people like to see as an iphone / ipod application ?

And what decks do you have as apps ?

FatesLady

I have the Mythic Faerie app, but I rarely use it. I prefer to lay the cards out according to my mood, so the fixed spreads kind of suck for me.

franniee

I have iTarot it pulls 2 cards for the day - one for whatever and the other for love. I just downloaded the goddess tarot. I download the free apps first... I don't play with the phone that much. :D

Mateo06

Are there tarot apps for other smartphones?

Grigori

I wish someone would make an app that works with any folder of saved images, rather than a predetermined set. Then we could pick any deck we like, or even work with random images as an oracle of sorts.

If that was possible, I'd be carrying a Thoth, a GD Magical, Mythic Tarot and Waking the Wild Spirit; all my current decks of choice. Oh, and a Psycards oracle :)

Allison70

Warning - display of extreme ignorance pending :)

I hadn't heard of these apps. Are they the kind that requires an active connection, or are they independent once downloaded? There's no phone reception where I live, but I do have a PDA that I download games for - I dl to the computer then transfer to the PDA.

Any info gratefully absorbed :)

ilweran

similia said:
I wish someone would make an app that works with any folder of saved images, rather than a predetermined set. Then we could pick any deck we like, or even work with random images as an oracle of sorts.

I'd like that - at the moment for single card draws I just use the random slideshow. I also use the Touchstone Tarot app and the lite version of the Goddess Tarot. I use whichever I feel like for a one card reading on the train in the morning, and use a diary app to record which card and what relevance it had. You can add pictures to the diary entry so I include a picture of the card.

(For anyone who doesn't know you can save a screenshot by holding down the 'home' and 'sleep' buttons. I never read instructions so I didn't find out about this until I'd had my iTouch a couple of months.)

With the touch screen I don't see why you couldn't have an app where you choose the number of cards and can drag and drop them into any spread you like. Now that combined with using a folder of images already on my iTouch would be a great app :D

MysticalMoose

As a new iPhone owner I have downloaded The Goddess Tarot & its ok, The Mystic Faerie which is quite detailed & I prefer it to the Goddess but my favourite is Madame Endoras Fortune Cards...maybe its because I use & love the cards in the "flesh" but the app is so well presented with music by Nox Arcana ( Vargo) & the spreads are good & the positions referred to in detail. Love it! :love:

MM :D

ilweran

MysticalMoose said:
As a new iPhone owner I have downloaded The Goddess Tarot & its ok, The Mystic Faerie which is quite detailed & I prefer it to the Goddess

Ignoring the fact I was de-enabled from iPhone Tarot apps, what is the Mystic Faerie one like to use? I'm still curious, but £5.99 is a bit much to spend just to satisfy curiosity :D

MysticalMoose

I like The Mystic Faerie one much better than the Goddess one, there is more detail in the accompanying text. you get the whole card meanings like in the companion book. & plenty of spreads to choose from :thumbsup: