Devil as a life purpose?

daniL

I have just been experimenting with spreads relating to past lives. As I suspected, my Dad and I have shared many past lives together. (I suspected this because in many of my readings for myself, he features as a key person who keeps me on track and progressing along with meeting my own life purpose/lessons). I then began to wonder what I am to offer him in this life-time. ie What is he to learn from me, or what am I supposed to help him with. I did a one-card reading, asking this question, and got The Devil. Any ideas on how to interpret this?
Thanks so much!!

SGrossberg

daniL - Perhaps The Devil card is as much about self-limitation as anything else and how to either overcome that energy or, alternatively, make a conscious choice to continue forward with the self-imposed restrictions. This latter choice may then lead you to explore how The Hierophant card also plays into your and your father's relationship/life course(s).

The Devil values restraint as a means of achieving a goal or desired end. That being said, perhaps this card indicates that either you or your father, or both of you, need to have a little "loosing of your soul." Learn to enjoy more freedom and fear reprisal a little less.

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott

Skysteel

daniL said:
I have just been experimenting with spreads relating to past lives. As I suspected, my Dad and I have shared many past lives together. (I suspected this because in many of my readings for myself, he features as a key person who keeps me on track and progressing along with meeting my own life purpose/lessons). I then began to wonder what I am to offer him in this life-time. ie What is he to learn from me, or what am I supposed to help him with. I did a one-card reading, asking this question, and got The Devil. Any ideas on how to interpret this?
Thanks so much!!

You realize subconsciously that your relationship with him is one of (psychological) self-indulgence and temptation, and ultimately one of bondage.

minrice

I would say maybe you are supposed to help him with the things that are keeping him down, the negative things in life that he is tied to, enslaved by. "Past demons" comes to mind, perhaps you can help him heal.

daniL

Thank-you all for your valuable insight! Much appreciated...

xhollysue

The Devil can also be about awakening to the bondage that one is already in.

I think of it as Neo in the Matrix. Right at the beginning he just has this *inkling* that something is up. It's not until Morpheus offers him the blue pill that he chooses out of the bondage he didn't seem to mind before. Hell, after he wakes up he wants to go back to that bondage.

So - you offer your dad the blue pill. Your role is to awaken him to his bondage so that he can choose to stay in or get out.