dream about ex.....

starchaser1277

I believe dreams are significant and provide us with messages in the restful world that we may not acknowledge in the wakeful world, however I'm struggling a bit this morning with a dream I had last night about my ex.

In the dream we embraced each other and he hung on to me for quite some time, there was a longing in him from his embrace. We then separated. He looked at me and gave me a simple kiss on the cheek, and stated "until I see you in my dreams again" and he walked and faded away.

We had a pretty awful break up about a year and a half ago, he had left me for someone else (just a little background) it took some time for me to get over him. I'm thinking his presence in my dream is reflecting me missing him in some way, and wanting to see him again, though I may not acknowledge this in the wakeful world, my subconscious is making it known. I'm interpreting his words as perhaps what I may unconsciously desire, for him to acknowledge to me that he still thinks of me.
Initially I wanted to see this as a sign that we were visiting each other in the restful world, but I'm leaning towards this dream as a reflection of my subconscious desires instead.
Any other thoughts about this dream. It left me with a very soothing feel, it did not stir up any I'll feelings from it. In the past dreams of him would cause me upset, but this one left a warm soothing emotion.

starburst_au

Interesting dream.

I'm not the best at interpreting dreams. However, I was speaking to a friends about dreams a few weeks ago My friend was saying that she experienced a healing and closure though her dreams with an ex partner. Stuff that wasn't manifesting here on earth, was able to occur in her dreams. She spoke of having long in depth conversations about answers she needed to explore with an ex partner and having a beautiful sense of closure after she had the dream.

Maybe this is the case for you also?