Dream about how I will die??

EmpressArwen

This is the Cliff's Notes version as the dream was very long...

The dream started out with me in my kitchen. I felt off...had a bad headache, was very shakey. Then blinding pain hit me, I couldn't see. I felt myself fall to my knees. Then darkness...I couldn't see. I heard my son call out to my husband. I could hear footsteps running down the hall and my husband yelling my name and calling 911. I could hear my son praying, crying. I heard the ambulance...and then nothing. The next scene I saw, I was in a waiting room of a hospital but no one could see me. My husband was talking to a doctor, both of my sons were there and my husband started crying...my sons realized that this meant I was gone and started crying too. My dad rushes in and my husband tells him...my dad is sobbing and said..."Just like my mom."

*My paternal grandmother died of a brain aneurysm...she had diabetes and was generally unhealthy.*

Right before everything went black again...I saw a date on a newspaper that was sitting in the waiting room. I don't remember the month or day but I do remember the year...2021.

The next part, I'm standing in white room...it is so bright I have to close my eyes. I feel someone with me. Someone touches me...I open my eyes but can only see glimpses as this person is so bright. She is a woman, with long blonde hair and white wings. She reaches over and covers my eyes. I'm instantly shown scenes, mostly recent, of me basically being unhealthy...eating crap, drinking soda, generally not taking care of myself, right up to the point I fall in the kitchen as I did in the beginning of the dream. Then I'm shown me being very healthy...lots of scenes of healthy behaviors...leading all the way up to me being a little old lady, rocking a baby (great grandchild).

Soooo any thoughts here? Was I given a warning? Or is this just my brain thinking about my health?

danieljuk

awww Arwen,
that sounds a really scary dream! :heart:

So the idea that you predicted your own death? Have you ever had prophetic dreams before? You can never really be sure if this is a prediction or not until sadly that day and also you will have to live with that forever. I think it's for you to weigh up evidence for yourself and decide if this is predictive or not but don't make it a burden on yourself, no one can be sure!

I come from a direction really of symbol interpretation and psychology from the dream theorists and these are my ideas about your dream from that area....

- this could be an anxiety dream, a lot of the elements of this dream have a nightmare quality to them, especially the fact you have no control.

- this could be a warning dream, if your Grandmother did die that way, perhaps you should be especially careful of the same thing and make sure you know the first symptoms! A friend of my family died of a sudden and shocking aneurysm, it turned out afterwards that his job was very stressful and he ignored a number of signs about it over a long period of time. Make sure you know the first signs of those conditions. Back though about health anxiety, like you thought, it might have got on your mind.

- Death as transformation, as a symbolic meaning, Death is just like the tarot symbol. I would personally (in my line of thinking) go with this one the most, it's a symbol of current transition in your life. There is something to your symbols about the generations of the family, maybe not to forget that you are much loved and would be missed! Maybe the support is something you need reminding about :)

The dream seems really harsh, especially living all the bad things you do (and we all do). I don't think you can live to 2021 with a stressful burden about this dream ;) Look for the meaning that applies to you in this, it could be a health message to change something or just being anxious over things, don't worry! But I am hoping things are transforming and this is symbolised somehow by the dream content!

EmpressArwen

awww Arwen,
that sounds a really scary dream! :heart:

Oddly, I wasn't afraid...I was sad because my family was hurting but I never felt afraid. Weird! lol

So the idea that you predicted your own death? Have you ever had prophetic dreams before? You can never really be sure if this is a prediction or not until sadly that day and also you will have to live with that forever. I think it's for you to weigh up evidence for yourself and decide if this is predictive or not but don't make it a burden on yourself, no one can be sure!

I have never had a prophetic dream. Any information tat I've ever gotten that came to be was when I was awake.

I come from a direction really of symbol interpretation and psychology from the dream theorists and these are my ideas about your dream from that area....

- this could be an anxiety dream, a lot of the elements of this dream have a nightmare quality to them, especially the fact you have no control.

This could be the case...I mean, I know I need to be healthier, I know it...I just haven't made the changes...I'm probably just lazy. lol But I could see how my brain would work with this anxiety about my health in a dream.

- this could be a warning dream, if your Grandmother did die that way, perhaps you should be especially careful of the same thing and make sure you know the first symptoms! A friend of my family died of a sudden and shocking aneurysm, it turned out afterwards that his job was very stressful and he ignored a number of signs about it over a long period of time. Make sure you know the first signs of those conditions. Back though about health anxiety, like you thought, it might have got on your mind.

Maybe my health is at that tipping point..I can continue this way and just kind of give up (which I know couldn't lead to anything good) or I can take control and change it. I already have signs of health issues. I am aware but don't change anything so maybe this is my subconscious giving me a nudge.

- Death as transformation, as a symbolic meaning, Death is just like the tarot symbol. I would personally (in my line of thinking) go with this one the most, it's a symbol of current transition in your life. There is something to your symbols about the generations of the family, maybe not to forget that you are much loved and would be missed! Maybe the support is something you need reminding about :)

Yes...I can definitely see this. I have a lot of support if I would just ask for it. :) Also, my paternal grandmother was everything to my father, he was devasted by her too soon death. My sons would be the same way...and I have to do everything I can to not have my sons bury me too soon...plus, my dad would not survive burying me...there is no way he could handle that, I think the mention of my paternal grandma was a reminder of the ripple effect of our actions (in regards to health) even long after we are gone...makes junk food seemlike a very selfish choice. :(

The dream seems really harsh, especially living all the bad things you do (and we all do). I don't think you can live to 2021 with a stressful burden about this dream ;) Look for the meaning that applies to you in this, it could be a health message to change something or just being anxious over things, don't worry! But I am hoping things are transforming and this is symbolised somehow by the dream content!

LOL oh the irony if I died from stress over a dream that was meant to get me healthier. :) I think the only thing I cand do is that this asa wake up call to get my crap together...prophetic or not, changes obviously need to be made. Sigh...too bad I can't have someone else do it for me! God, I am so lazy!!

Thank you very much, Daniel. You have a way of breaking things down that brings me comfort! You have gift...maybe you should be a counselor?? :)

((hugs))

danieljuk

Maybe one day I shall become one ;)
if you do want to make health changes in your life, make small changes that you can keep at constantly, no point saying "I will change everything" and then giving up after 24 hours. little changes which are achievable, hope the dream is a useful message in the end :)